Volume 02 Chapter 23

All night?!

Just like what he had promised, they really do it the whole night in every possible positions causing her to eventually passed out due to exhaustion.

She really want to lament about the overflowing vigor of that young man as an old maiden like her can't keep up with his young energetic self.

Because she can't move her tired body due of his tossing last night, he carried her out to the carriage and sit her on his lap.

She also saw the equally tired little loli on the pedo-prince's lap, sleeping peacefully in his arms.

She gave that certain prince a dirty look which the latter also return with a no-care look. But when he saw her situation, it turned into a mockingly-knowing look.

She immediately glares at him but her eyes were suddenly covered by a jealous little devil.

"Sleep."

His cold voice ordered her but also held a hint of pampering which she happily complied as she's also tired due to the lack of sleep, drifting her to the land of dreams.

After that accident, her parents had found out that their supposed-to-be-straightened-out daughter had sneak away again causing them to be angry and pushed the wedding than earlier planned.

Now, she was already married to the Duke of Zhou's Fifth Young Master, Qing Xianfeng.

A year had passed after their marriage, they are now at the Prince Jing's Manor, waiting outside the room for little loli who's giving birth.

She can hear Qing Lanbai's scream inside while the hastening midwives are walking back and fro, fetching some water and tossing some blood.

The anxious pedo-prince is walking back and forth, making her dizzy when she look at him.

After a round of scream, a wail broke their reverie and an old midwife carried out a crying infant.

"It's a princess, Your Highness."

The midwife reported to him but the anxious pedo-prince didn't glance at them and walked inside the room to see his wife.

Shi Lingyan stared at the little one in the midwifes arms and a loss feeling appears in her soul while she caress her flat stomach.

A melancholic and complicated look appears in her clear eyes.

"What's wrong?"

Xianfeng asks her when he noticed her odd mood but she only smiled.

"Nothing."

He looks at her intensely, trying to find her lie. After a while, she gave in and she look at little bun who was surrounded by people.

"Do you want to have a child Xianfeng?"

She look at him and saw a flash of emotion in his beautiful eyes but vanished in the end.

"Don't pushed yourself. I'm not in a hurry."

But I am.

She looked at her devil complicately and thought inside her.

I want something to leave behind. Something that could prove that I live and exist in this life. Not a fleeting moment or a game.

Remembering she would eventually forget about this life, she don't know if she should thank the system or not.

She wondered if she also left behind something important in that life.

Or someone.

A piercing pain flash from her soul but also left quickly. The pain in her eyes replaced with confusion.

What did I thought again?

She didn't notice that a certain man observing her from her side.

A ripple appears in his eyes when her birthmark shift slightly causing the said man to pull her to his embrace and look at her nape.

Shi Lingyan let out a startled sound when she felt someone pulling her.

"Xianfeng!"

She exasperatedly called his name when she thought his illness in PDA is acting up again. He didn't answer her and looked at her nape intensely.

She can feel his hot breath brushing her skin. After a while, she feels him kissing her birthmark, tenderly.

"I won't let you leave me."

His alluring and hoarse voice sounded out from her nape. She can feel the dark and firm tone in it but she brushes it off and replied in affirmation.

"En. I won't."

I'll be with you in this lifetime.

Three months had passed and little loli's baby princess Ji Baiyue had became a cute meat bun from her shrunken monkey appearance.

This month, there will be a ceremony where the nobles had to pray in Buddha for the abundant harvest this year.

Shi Lingyan, Qing Lanbai, Meng Shuilian, and Lu Xi are now talking in a guest room of the Feng Xi Temple while their children are playing around.

Shi Lingyan is looking at the bubbly children with her soft eyes. Her thoughts were cut short when she heard little loli talk.

"I saw Yu Fengxue in the praying hall, Yan-jie. Do you think she won't cause you some trouble during the ceremony?"

"Don't mind her. I'll just avoid her during that time."

By the time she became Qing Xianfeng's wife, Yu Fengxue would always find a way to annoy her. She was still unmarried even in the age of 17.

"When will you speak about your pregnancy to Xianfeng, jie-jie?"

When she thought of the little one growing inside her, she felt a warm feeling in her heart.

Shi Lingyan found out her pregnancy two months ago, after Xianfeng went to Sheng Town because of drought.

"I'll tell him after he went back. I want it to be a surprise."

"Congratulations, jie-jie."

"Congratulations, miss."

The women congratulates her and she warmly thanked them in return.

She looked at her still flat stomach with her tender eyes.

Little one.