Chapter Eighteen

I stared at Xavier as he psychopathically rummaged out curse words. His behavior changed in such a sudden, that I'm still rooted to the floor, trying to process everything that is happening.

I stepped closer to him since he sat on the couch. I kneeled down in front of him and placed my hand on his knee. He tensed even more and turned towards me.

"What's wrong?"

"I-I can't do this anymore." he said.

"What are you talking about?" I frowned.

He rubbed his face forcefully and groaned. "This...Us. I-I can't do this anymore." he groaned.

My whole world collided. I should have known that he did this to save his father. That he doesn't feel for me in a way as I do. I know I like him a lot. Nevertheless, I also know that he might not be feeling the same way for me.

"What do you mean?" my bright face fell immediately.

"Look, Hadley, I know it's hard for you too, but I don't feel in such a way for you. When I saw you for the first time, I felt like you were so perfect and all-

"Xavier..." I breathed out, the tears building up in my eyes.

"-but since we got married I feel differently. I hate to say this but-

"Xavier..." I said the tears falling from my eyes.

"But now I feel even more. I like you so much now. I feel more than like towards you. I don't feel like you're perfect anymore, I feel like you're beyond perfect. When I fall asleep with you in my arms, it feels like I have my every damn happiness with me-

"Xavier, what..." but he didn't stop.

"I like when I am the one you wait for to eat with in the evening when I come home. I love how you like Ryan. I love how you attacked Robin that day. I love everything you ever did to me. I love how you saved my father. I love how you immediately agreed for marrying after telling you about my dad's heart sickness. However, most importantly, I love you, Hadley Novak. I meant every vow I did on our marriage day. It's okay if you don't feel the same way, but I can't just stay as best friends-

"Xavier..." I breathed.

"I can't, I lo-" he didn't finish because I grabbed a fist full of his hair and kissed him hard.

His soft lips felt amazing against mine. He was shocked, but I continued kissing him, even though he didn't kiss back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his arms automatically made their way to my waist and pulled me closer to his body and he started kissing me back automatically. Our lips moved in harmony and it felt like I was on cloud nine. He bit my bottom lip asking for entrance and I granted. I moaned in pleasure as our tongues fought for dominance.

It was a good thing he was holding me by my waist, otherwise I would have collapsed to the floor. My knees became jello as his soft lips moved against mine. This billionaire sure knows how to kiss! He grunted against my lips and I smiled.

He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine. We both were breathing heavily of the kiss we just had. I smiled and Xavier laughed back. His eyes were sparkling with happiness and even I couldn't hold back the smile that was turning into a grin.

His hands trailed from my upper arms to my hands and intertwined our fingers.

"I like you too." I breathed out.

---

Xavier and I arrived at the bonfire and we decided to take a walk at the beach first. Just so, we could have a bit time to finally be happy that we have each other. Xavier took my hand in his and grinned happily at me. I giggled and rested my head on his shoulder as we walked down the shore. My feet were digging in the cold sand and the cold water hitting my feet felt like the most amazing thing I have ever experienced.