Chapter thirty five-White light

The piercing white light hit my eyes. Peeling my eyes open more everything is the same shade of white and blue.

"W-where am I?" I croaked.

"Your in hospital. You fell when you was in your room and hit your head on something," Mum said pushing away some hair that was on my forehead.

"Where's Blair?" I asked remembering that I was at the window and something or someone hit me.

"She's been waiting out in the hall for you, Marcus called her," she explained.

"Can I see her? Where's dad?" I questioned trying to sit up a little.

"Your dad couldn't make it, something to do with work. I'll go get her," Mum replied wiping her hands on her jeans brushing away invisible dirt and getting up from her chair going towards the door.

***

Blair entered the room rushing over to me. "I was so worried. How are you? Do you believe that bullshit story your mum told you, I don't. What if it's something to do with when I got hurt and the texts and letters," she rambled.

"I'm fine and no I did not fall something hit me on the back of my head. I agree that I think it was the stalker they'd just texted me before it happened."

"Did your mum tell you what happened with your head?" she asked.

"No, just that I'd 'fallen' what happened?" I asked curiously.

"You cracked your head open and your lucky that it was your only injury. Although what's good is that it wasn't too deep so you didn't need to get stitches you just passed out," she said lightly stroking her hand through the ends of my hair.

I leaned up so I could connect my lips with hers.

"I love you," she whispered to me.

"I love you too," I responded.

***

I got to leave the hospital soon after because I felt fine and the doctor explained everything to me. Blair and I are holding hands as we leave the hospital and go to the car.

"Blair do you want a lift?" My mum asked trying to be polite.

"Umm okay," Blair replied getting into the backseat with me.

"What music do you guys want to listen to?" Marcus said going through the CD's.

"My chemical romance," I stated looking over to Blair who shrugged.

"I don't mind my sister normal decides," Blair replied.

"Okay," Marcus said putting the CD into the player.

'Famous Last Words' came on which is one of my favourites. No one was really talking to one another creating an awkward silence.

"So Blair you have a sister, what's her name?" Mum asked trying to make conversation which will probably end up being even more awkward.

"Jessie. She's older than me and really annoying."

"I know the feeling," Marcus mumbled.

"Hey! I heard you," I protested crossing both my arms and pouting.

Blair and Marcus laughed but I tried to stay grumpy. Ultimately I failed and started laughing.

***

Blair got dropped of to her house and I walked her up to her front door. I quickly kissed her then we said our goodbyes. Going back to the car Marcus and my mum were both looking directly in front of them. Mum tried to act normal like she didn't mind me kissing Blair and Marcus didn't care but didn't want to see me kissing someone because that's weird.