Chapter Twenty Two: Please.

tw//sexual abuse

Harley

I fell back on the bed as Norah got on top of me and her lips were on mine again, kissing with a passion that felt like it gave me more life with every passing second. Her hands were all over me, exploring, loving, caring. I smiled against her lips and she broke it, staring down at me with a goofy smile, thick, long hair messed up and all over her shoulders and face.

"You're so beautiful," she whispered, moving her mouth to my ear and gently biting down on the earlobe.

I let out a pleasured chuckle, arms going around her, holding her close. She pressed kisses to my cheek and jawline, before moving back to my lips again.

That's when heavy, boot-clad footsteps started getting louder and louder.

She immediately got off of me like I was on fire. She was on her feet in an instant, staring intensely at the door like it was going to attack us.

"What's wrong?" I asked, slowly getting up.

"Fuck. . ."

"What is it, Norah? That's your Dad, isn't it? Let's say hello," I said, moving to the edge of the bed.

She immediately turned around. In her eyes, I saw a fear so strong and so intense that I stopped moving.

"Don't. Move," she said, her eyes wide, determined. I was suddenly reminded of the older days, when she was my bully and not the love of my life. When she would look at me like that before punching me in the face.

I stared at her and then at the door.

"Why not?" I said slowly.

The footsteps suddenly stopped. Her hands moved to her head, her fingers trembling, eyebrows furrowed in nervous tension.

"Fuck! You can't be here. Not when. . . Not when he's here. What was I thinking? We should've just hung out at your place. . ."

I got up and went to her.

"Norah, it's fine. Hey. . ."

It was like she couldn't hear me anymore, hands still in her hair, still panicking.

"Norah-"

That's when the door was pushed open. She immediately got in front of me, protectively holding her arms out. It was so fast, like an instinct embedded deep in her mind.

I peeked over her shoulder and saw before me a tall man, very broad and fat, his beard coarse and grey, his hair disheveled, his shirt dirtied and worn out, pants too tight for him.

He saw me, too. He peered over Norah's shoulder and met me eye-to-eye. His eyes were gleaming now but glazed over, like he was drunk.

"Who's the hot one?" he said. His voice was hoarse and unpleasant, eyes not leaving me, making me squirm as I stood.

"Stay away from her," she replied. There was a cold, unwelcoming silence that ensued for a few seconds till he broke it. He proceeded to stare at her now, but with murderous eyes instead of the gleaming ones.

"Get me dinner then, bitch," he said, before walking out.

I stared after him, wide-eyed. Norah didn't move an inch till he slammed the door shut behind him as he walked out, creating thunderous noise, making me jump a little as it were.

She immediately turned around and pulled me into her arms, crushing me, possessively kissing me on the forehead.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that," she said.