33

Jungkook pushed the food around on his plate using his fork, eyes trained on the empty seat at the head of the table.

He had only taken a few bites of his food before completely losing his appetite. Seokjin watched from the other side of the table and sighed to himself softly with a slight shaking of his head.

Jungkook tried to keep himself positive. He tried to believe Yoongi would keep his promise and be back anytime soon. But there was still that annoying, stupid voice in the back of his head that said everything could go wrong.

He was no doubt acting different, but he didn't try to distance himself from his other boyfriends over it. He needed their comfort, all of them knew that including him. There was no point in Jungkook avoiding them when all he wanted was to be with them at all times to make sure they didn't leave him.

He knew Yoongi didn't leave him. Jungkook was the one who basically forced him to go. But he only did it because it was the right thing to do. He just wished it were under better circumstances.

Jungkook really did enjoy spending more time with the others, since Yoongi was blatantly possessive over him and usually spent the most time with him. He learned a little more about the rest of them, which he did enjoy a lot.

But, he also couldn't help but miss Yoongi's sarcasm, cheesy romance, sexy accent, devilish smirk and perverted comments.

In spite of that, he was discovering many deep stories from the others' pasts that he never knew could be so interesting.

Seokjin

"My father was a wizard, too. He taught me everything I know. Not only that, he was quite the craftsman. He built this house with his bare hands back in the day. My library used to be where he spent most of his days. All of the books in there were his, some of them were handwritten by him. Everything he did was for me. I've honestly never known anyone as generous as him. My mom died when I was born. She was actually part human, so that's why she didn't make it. He would always tell me about how beautiful and kind she was. Said I got it from her, not him. Unfortunately, he grew very ill and passed away years ago. I'll always remember him and all the sacrifices he made for me. If anything happens to any of us, I hope you can do the same."

Namjoon

"You know that whole Red Riding Hood story is a load of bullshit. I didn't kill her, nor her grandmother. Nor did I impersonate her grandmother to trick her. In fact, there was no grandmother. I mean, come on. How stupid and fucking blind would you have to be to not notice the difference between a fucking wolf and an old woman? Anyway, she was about 16, if I remember correctly. Yeah, I slept in her bed, but not to be her grandmother or whatever. I was dying, she was taking care of me. It was sometime after I had gotten away from my brother. I was on my way back to the house where Yoongi and Seokjin lived, but at one point I gave up. I'm no idiot, and my nose never fails. I knew the berries were poisonous. But I ate them anyway, in hopes I'd just die somewhere no one would find me. Oh, but that little brat had to come along and save me. She was really sweet and she genuinely cared about me. She's long dead now. Now that I think about it, everyone who has ever taken me in and cared for me has died. Well, except for Yoongi. At least...he's not dead that we know of."

Hoseok

"It's kind of complicated, actually. My father always disliked me. He always preferred my sister over me. I was never jealous, I loved my sister too much to be. She was an angel, just like my mother. She died from cancer when my sister and I were in high school. My father blamed me. I have no idea why. He would tell me it was my fault she died and that I wasn't a man, like him. He said that I shouldn't be into dance and archery, they were too feminine. But my sister always supported me. She always stepped in to defend me from his cruel words. So naturally, she was the first person I told that I was gay. She was of course, completely supportive of me and swore on her life not to tell anyone. She never did. But he saw me on a date with a guy and pretty much lost it. He beat me so much that my heart just stopped beating. Although I am technically not alive anymore, my heart still beats now, and it's only for you, Jungkook."

Jimin

"The scar on my tail has a long story behind it. My parents were sort of having issues with the laws when I was about 14 or so. We were poor, very poor. They would steal sometimes to get me food to eat. Not for themselves, for me. They would take loans from other mermaids and mermen but never had enough money to pay them back. We were basically the scum of the merpeople. Everyone hated us. Finally, the King of the sea decided to do something about it. One night, I awoke to my parents being restrained and taken away from out home. By the King's soldiers. I frantically followed them back to the King's palace without being noticed. When they were being taken into the castle, I knew what was going to happen. I screamed and tried to go after them. That's when I felt a blinding pain in my tail. The King had sliced me with his trident. He said to me, 'Don't worry about them, kid. They are just paying for the crimes they've committed.' I've never seen them since. I know they're dead. I just never got the chance to say goodbye."

Taehyung

"I don't really have a deep or emotional past like the others. But it's not like nothing happened. I was always feared, even as a kid. I would get picked on a lot. They'd call me a freak. Probably cause I had the characteristics of a dragon but I didn't resemble one. I don't really know, but kids are dumb anyway. I guess everyone was afraid of me because no one knew what I was. Even I don't know. I've had no contact with my parents. I guess even in our world, people fear the unknown. That's why I love you so much, Jungkook. Why I'm so grateful for you. You don't think we're monsters. Not like everyone else. You don't make me feel ashamed of myself. I really don't deserve you."

Jungkook pulled his gaze away from the empty chair and looked around at his boyfriends, who were quietly eating and conversing among themselves. He realized he shouldn't be thinking about what he doesn't have and appreciating what he does have.

"I love you guys." Jungkook suddenly said, halting all of the other chatter.

The others exchanged looks for a couple seconds. Taehyung offered him a box smile before speaking.

"We love you too, Kookie."

This obviously went into more detail of the guys' pasts, so hopefully they were interesting enough, I made them up as I went lmao