Chapter 31: I don't know his birthdate

Jaerim’s P.O.V.

“I promised Kris oppa that I will take Shane to the mall tomorrow ‘cause I know he needs to work twice as hard as before if he wants to get promoted. Plus, he had a lot of absences when the day of his mother’s funeral came.” I said, as I once, talked again to Kai through videochat using my IPod.

“Hmm.” He simply responded while rubbing his left eye with his hand, as if his bored and tired of this conversation we’re having.

I pouted. “You okay? Tired? Bored?”

“Huh?” He sat up straight. He removed his hand from his eyes, then blinked a couple times before he spoke again. “Ahh, yes. A little tired and exhausted. Lay and I, also with his friends, spend the entire day playing basketball so we’re really tired.”

I just nodded to his explanation. “Well, you should go rest now. Don’t tire yourself next time, okay?” I said, worriedly.

He just nodded and waved his hand lazily. “Okay.” He added.

“Okay. I lov—“ I stopped in midsentence when he already ended the videochat. I was going to say ‘I love you’. I frowned as I thought of that.

I sighed. I forgot to inform that it’s been months since I started staying here in Canada. I was supposed to go home three months ago but Dad told me to stay longer here for now but not permanently. It has been months and it is already January. (A/N: Let’s just assume it is really January here. Okay? Okay. Haha! :D)

And because of that, my relationship with Kai got worse, at least in my own perspective. Our conversation were shorter than before. He’s always feeling tired or bored talking to me. Geez. Maybe, he was just disappointed that I’m not able to go home, three months ago.

I do hope this relationship of us won’t end up just like this... I do hope.

I checked my small rounded alarm clock on top of my nightstand and saw that, it’s passed 10 P.M. so, I decided to placed my IPod on my drawer on the nightstand, turned off my lampshade and drifted to sleep, slowly.

------------

Morning came and I woke up hearing some irritating noises.  I heard the door slammed open and a voice of a little girl, screaming her heart out.

“Unnieeeeeeee!” She screamed as I felt her tiny toes bouncing on my bed.

“Wake up, sleepyhead.” A husky voice of a man echoed, making my eyes flutter open. I sat up from the bed and saw Kris oppa and Shane in front of me.

I glanced at my clock on the nightstand and it reads: 7:13 A.M. “It’s so early. What do you the both of you want from me?” I asked, pissed off a little. I mean, who wants to be disturb during their beauty sleep, right? Geez. This is irritating.

“I’m off to work and Shane here, as you promised, you will take her to mall, remember?” Kris oppa said, smirking a little.

“Yes. I remember.” I said, rolling my eyes at him. “Anyways, you look dashing.” I added, as I lazily did a thumb-up to him.

“Why, thank you for that lovely compliment.” He said, mimicking a British accent. Tsk. Stupid oppa. “So, here. My credit card. Use it but not too much.” He said, as he handed me his precious credit card.

I smiled teasingly and took it from his hand. “Don’t worry, I won’t.”

He almost rolled his eyes. “Mark your words.” He smiled. “Take care, okay? The both of you.” He switched glances from me then to Sophie, who is still jumping on the bed nonstop.