Happy Birthday Jevan

Dedicated to Urrmyy
*Thank you for looking forward to my updates*

Jevan's POV

After my usual football practice and I hit the shower and got back into my casual clothes, Connor met me in the hallway.

"Hey man, it's your birthday on Friday. You throwing a party?"

"Nah. Not this year," I answered and straightened my sleeves.

"So what are you doing then?"

"I'll just be chilling."

"Cool. We can get together at my place. My parents aren't...."

"Actually, I just wanted to chill with my girlfriend," I cut.

"Your girl?" he asked with a hint of annoyance.

I nodded.

"Alright then. I guess that's cool too." He turned on his heel and I watched him walk away.

_________________

Blossom's POV

I couldn't believe it has been four months since I've moved to the US and I couldn't believe it was my boyfriend's birthday on Friday.

It was April and we were now on Easter break. I met up with my friends to ask them what I should get Jevan.

What do you give to the guy who already has everything?

I couldn't find the answer.

"I wouldn't advise you to get him a gift, maybe you should give him something from the heart," Nina said.

"Or something from your pants," Sophia chipped in and we burst into a laugh.

"Lord knows I can't afford an expensive gift and it wouldn't feel right to get him something cheap or fake," I sighed.

"Hey girl, don't beat yourself up over this. Have you asked him what he would like?"

"No," I answered with another sigh as I licked my ice-cream.

We were in a park, near by my house. Although my mother had learn to accept Jevan and me as a couple, I didn't push her to anger again.

The woman could go from zero to one hundred in a heart beat. I wanted to remain on her good side.

After brainstorming for almost an hour, I gave up. I didn't know what to give him for his birthday.

"I'm a terrible girlfriend," I said.

"Wait  isn't that... it's that Jevan's sister  over there? Oh, and she's with a guy," Nina pointed in Jada's direction.

"Yes, that's her," I confirmed.

"Quick, call her over here. Maybe she can help out."

I got Jada's attention by shouting her name a few times. She eventually came over, without the guy, and joined us on the bench we were occupying.

"Are you spying on me for Jevan?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"What? Of course not. We saw you and just wanted to ask you a question," I told her.

"What's up?"

"What would your brother like for his birthday?" I asked, feeling flushed when she started laughing.

"How about a tie?" I suggested.

"Geezz. No. He got tons of ties and he barely wears them."

"Okay. A watch then?"