⁂Chapter 10: her⁂

-Hiccups pov-
A scream, fire, and toothless. Images flashed before my eyes and before I could figure out what they showed, they were gone, to be replaced by another distorted and terrifying image. I couldn't escape, I couldn't open my eyes, I couldn't move. I was paralysed in place, my brain replying images of her. Stop it, please. Don't torture me like this. And as soon as it had started, it stopped. My eyes flickered open and I saw two large, green, puppy dog eyes looking worriedly down at me. I could feel the sheets sticking to me, and felt the cold sweat dripping down onto the wooden planks beneath me and onto the floor. Toothless gently patted my chest with a large paw to check I was ok, and I layed my hand on top.

"Thanks bud," I muttered. He cooed on response, I took it as a 'your welcome, but are you ok?' Sort of coo.

"I'm fine bud, thanks," He nodded his head slightly, like a human.
***
The day had started on a bad start- thoughts of 𝕙𝕖𝕣 had plagued him all morning- and twisted thoughts seemed to had laced themselves in his memory, her body, burnt and twisted, sunk to the bottom of the ocean, (d/n) beside her, eyes bulging, her white scales glittering mesmerisingly beside her. He had tried to shake them away, push them to an abandoned part of his head where could rot alone and helpless, but they kept coming back, like zombies to a dead body. It was torture. These days, he couldn't stop thinking about anything else, seeing anything else, hearing anything but her voice. He felt guilty, amongst most of his feelings. He felt he could've saved her, he could've got them both. He could've, but he didn't, because she told him too. She told him too. She told him too. Would he have done it if it was the other way round? Would he have saved (y/n) and just her of Astrid has told him too? Would he have obeyed her? His thoughts hurt. He held his head in misery and pain and crouched down a little. He must've been like that a while, because he heard the door creak open and then swing shut, the rain pounding heavily outside. He stood up straight and turned around.

"Hey baby," he said, as he looked at Astrid.

"Hey," she said quietly, her voice hoarse. She had obviously been training new Vikings in the arena.

"How are the newbies getting along?"

"Terribly.  But of disobedient slags if I'm honest." She said with a hint of a chuckle. Hiccup walked over to her and hugged her. She wrapped her arms around him neck and placed her temple on his chest. He was about a head taller than her, her blonde hair tickling his chin, but he didn't mind. He preferred it this way.
               ***
The rain thundered on, hard as ever, as Hiccup and the rest of Berk ate in the great hall. The changing of wooden forks against bowls sounded around the hall and chatting and laughs echoed around, filling the Vikings ears. Hiccup didn't really want to be there, as the sounds made his head hurt. But Astrid had said a chief but set an example to his people, so he had donned his fur coat and come over, to find himself deeply regretting his decision. He stood up, and walked quickly down the isles and outside, the cool rain splattering on his face, calling his raging temples. In the mist of the rain, he saw a figure, ghostly and pale, as if an apparition or ghost. As he walked towards it, it seemed to slide into focus to form a person, about his height, astride a gleaming white dragon. No, it couldn't be, he hadn't saved her, she had been tied up, burnt almost. Yet here she was. In front of him. But as she turned around and he had a good look at her, he slowly started to notice differences. Her eyes were rounder and grey, and her hair was milky white. Her lips weren't as plump as (y/n)'s and she was slightly taller.

"Hello, I am Christina. I am (y/n)'s twin. You haven't seen her have you?" She looked over his shoulder, as if to expect her to magically appear, and her eyes widened slightly as she noticed Astrid slowly making her way towards them.

"Who's she?" She pondered.

"Astrid, my girlfriend." He said, emphasising the last word.

"Oh," She muttered and looked away.

"Who are you?" Astrid questioned as she came within earshot of them.

"(Y/n)'s twin." She repeated.

"Ah," Astrid said, guiltily.

"What?"

"Well you see, umm..."

"What?" Christina repeated.

"(Y/n), well, (y/n)'s..."

"Yes...?" She said, prompting her.

"She's... dead," Astrid finished, weakly.

"Oh," was all Christina could manage, as a tear rolled down her rosy cheeks.

-------------------------------
Eeee ok. I've finally updated! Sorry if I kept you waiting

Ender xxx