➳41

With everyday passing, it was hard for them to be apart

"Right." You said, clicking in your seatbelt.
"I promise I'll buy a new car one day, and then I'll drive you around."
You sipped on your iced coffee, from the coffee shop you had just popped into on the way to the mall.

"You better, it's such a hassle being your chauffeur."

"Oh shut up you love my company, I'm your only friend."

"Maybe I'm just putting up with you so I can kill you later."

"Yeah says the guy who literally bought me pads."

"Uh, I didn't want you to bleed out and die before I killed you...?" He trailed off.

"Okay shut up." He finished, stopping at the red light.
"If it makes you feel any better, I enjoy your company too, it's a lot better from my previous friends." You sighed, shrugging and poking your straw at your coffee.

Mark looked over to you and smiled sympathetically.
"Don't worry, I enjoy your company too Fiore."

Donghyuck added you to 'NCT'

Yohoes

Jeno: finally you added her
Welcome to the fam GC

Omg does this mean I have to get the famous NCT tattoo 😔
We been knew I'd become the mafia leader

Taeyong: yeahhhhh no
Unless you actually want to join
I'd be okay with it

"What is it?" Mark glanced at you, who was beyond shook.
"I'm in the NCT group chat but anyway... Taeyong offered to let me join."

Mark's sight didn't move from the road, instead he fell silent. You could feel the hesitation.
"The gang?" He spoke finally.
"Yeah." You spoke, fiddling with your phone case.
"Areum, I don't think it's a good idea."

"But you agreed to let me stay."

"I agreed to let you hang around with us, not to join the fucking mafia." His jaw was clenched and his knuckles around the steering wheel turned a shade of white.
"Hear me out." You asked, turning your body to the side, facing him.
"I don't have to do the fighting shit, like the whole hacking thing man... I don't know, for the first time I actually felt like I was doing something to help. I didn't feel so worthle-"

"You aren't."

That was followed by a sigh.
"It's dangerous."

"So is staying beside you, but I can't seem to leave."

You had reached the mall, feeling better about yourself now

You had reached the mall, feeling better about yourself now. You walked ahead of Mark, excited to shop for new clothes, needless to say- you needed new clothes.
In the midst of your excitement, you noticed Mark was slowly walking a good distance behind you, not wanting to shop.
You rolled your eyes and ran back towards him, linking your arm around his.
"Let's go Freckles."

"Do you want to get your piercings first or after we shop?" Mark asked, comfortable with the fact your arm was linked around his.
"Okay I think now, I'm ready." You nodded to yourself, looking up at Mark.
"Will it hurt a lot?" You asked, obviously nervous. Mark shook his head. "I'll get another one too, I can go first if you want."

"Really?" You drew your attention to his ear. Currently he had both his first and seconds pierced with a small ring on his left helix.
"Yeah I'm thinking of getting another one after my second piercing." He shrugged, fixing his hair.
You hummed in response.
"Go for it, you suit piercings."

"Thank you."

"Wait, did Mark Lee just- thank me? Holy shit someone record this moment." You gasped, flailing your hands dramatically.
Mark chuckled at you before rolling his eyes and grabbing your hand to stop you, then he slipped his fingers in between yours.

"Let's go."

"Fuck off." Your jaw dropped.
"What? Is it bad?" Mark asked, checking out his piercing in the mirror.

"Dude you look fucking hot." You gawked, not even ashamed.
"Damn, save some looks for the rest of us."

This time, you actually caught Mark blushing.
"Shut up." He smiled, and the amount of happiness he felt with you, couldn't be described with words.

You just made him feel

Worthy.

okay I THINK SOME OF YOU ARE CONCERNED BUT

okay
I THINK SOME OF YOU ARE CONCERNED BUT

I AM GENUINELY UPDATING BECAUSE I LOVE TO WRITE TRUST ME
YOUR SUPPORT ENCOURAGES ME
💞