alex's side

Alex woke up to the sound of (Y/N) closing the front door. He opened his eyes and saw a bright yellow note stuck onto his phone.

'Gone to meet a friend, be back in a few hours.'

He smiled instantly, it was the perfect opportunity. Alex practically jumped out of his bed and went into the kitchen to start preparing what he had planned to do since he and (Y/N) boarded that plane. Alex was in love with (Y/N) and he finally wanted to tell her.

His plan was to cook dinner for the two of them then tell her how he really felt, how he had felt ever since he saw her at the airport. Only one problem, Alex had no idea how to cook. That's why (Y/N) not being home gave him time to practice.

After an hour he had managed to create an entire mess that basically coated the entire kitchen with bits of food.

"Fuck this." He complained and threw the spoon into the bowl which retaliated and splattered him in sauce.

He was about to shout once again until he heard someone put a key in the door.

"You're back quick!" Alex panicked, he wasn't expecting to see (Y/N) for the next few hours.

She didn't respond to him but he heard her rush into the bathroom. He went to go check on her but before he could catch a glimpse of her, she slammed the bathroom door shut.

Now Alex was just awkwardly stood there, waiting for a girl he loved to come out of the bathroom, could it get any more weird? Not long after, (Y/N) finally turned the handle and let herself out.

"Are you okay?" Alex asked, sounding visibly concerned.

"I should be asking you." She said, gesturing to his clothes that were covered in sauce.

"Yeah haha... I was trying to cook a meal for us." He tugged at his shirt to look at the complete mess he made. "But you can see how that went."

"I appreciate the effort." (Y/N) smiled at him. "You didn't have to-"

"I wanted to, and I also need to tell you something." He interrupted.

"What?"

"I want to break our deal."

"Break the deal?" She asked.

"I found a girl, a very sweet, generous girl. And I am in love with her." Alex couldn't stop smiling as he spoke, he was finally going to tell (Y/N) how he felt. "We said that once we found someone we really liked, the fake relationship deal would be broken, right? Well... I found that someone and-"

"Wow it's like a sign, fate even." She said suddenly.

Alex's heart skipped a beat. 'Fate?' Was it possible that she felt the same?

"My friend Zak, you probably only know him as Skeppy, he told me that he felt something for me and I didn't know how to respond.." Her eyes quickly widened and she averted her gaze. "Unsure because of this fake relationship. I didn't want to ruin anything, I know how happy your parents are knowing you're 'dating' someone."

"You wanted to say yes to him, didn't you?" Alex asked her.

"Yes." She lied, but he didn't know that.

His heart broke. Alex thought you felt something for him too, apparently he was wrong.

"I guess this was fate, huh?" She questioned. "Now no one will get hurt and everyone wins. You have a girlfriend to make your parents happy, I have a boyfriend to keep my ex away. Everybody wins." She hated every word that came out of her mouth. But for Alex's sake she kept her tone light and happy.

He wanted to tell her so bad that the girl he was describing was the girl stood in front of him. But he loved her too much to confuse her feelings so he rolled with what she was saying to keep her happy.

Suddenly Alex's phone began to vibrate. Thank God, an excuse to leave.

"Sorry, I should take this, I'll talk to you later. Good luck with Zak." Then he promptly left.