Chapter 6

Turning around, I scream bloody murder. Right there on my couch is no other than, Ethan. Going straight towards him, I punch him right where the sun doesn't shine. "You asshole," I say with rage in my voice. "You could have given me a heart attack." Trying to gain my normal breathing back, I take even breaths.

Looking over to Ethan, he's in the ground holding his precious gem. Feeling no sympathy for the bastard because of what he did, I crouch in front of him. "Why the hell did you do that?" He asks with pain in his voice. Giving him a stink eye for using a bad word in the presence of my younger sister he quietly responds with a sorry.

"Well, lets see I get home and I see someone in my living room that I do not remember letting in, which there was a possibility that it could have been a robber of some kind and you also abandoned me at my job when all I wanted was for my one and only best friend to see me do something I enjoy so yea I did have a good reason to do that." I say with rage and annoyance in my voice.

Looking at him with nothing less than mere anger. He looks down to break the eye contact that we had and let's out a breath of distress. "Look Im sorry, alright. I just can't see you get hurt, I though I could forget about you getting hurt and just focus on the idea of you winning. But when you walked off and I saw the bruise I just couldn't." He shakes his head as if trying to get the memory off his mind.

Exhaling a breath, I answer with "Ethan, you know what I'm about to say." He nods and repeats what I said yesterday, "You won't change your decision of what you do." Laughing at his monotone voice I help him get up from the ground and help him to the couch. "Hey, Jane." Says Ethan.

Jane being her normal self runs up to him and gives him a big bear hug. "Ethan! Why haven't you come over?" Ethan looks over to me and I give him the best pleading face I could muster. Over the years I realized that it was better to just hide certain things that weren't going to be important to her. Such as my job. Trying to change the conversation I say, "Why don't you stay and we can all hang out together?" This catches Jane's attention. Yelling her little heart out she jumps up and down continuously.

After hours of us three together in our living room, I decide to take Jane to her room to rest. Placing her in her bed. I kiss her forehead and thank god for keeping her safe.

Walking down the stairs, I see Ethan make more popcorn and grab more blankets. I sit next to him on the couch and grab my blanket. He puts in a scary movie and after several minutes of the movie, I get cold. I start to shiver and I try to get an extra blanket but out of nowhere I feel big arms wrap around me and press me against a firm chest. Trying to get out his embrace I wiggle around. Not working I try to talk to him, "Ethan you big ass oaf get the fuck off me." Because he was about 3 inches taller than me he only grabbed me tighter. Sighing I leave it alone and stay in his embrace. Because of the heat his body created I snuggled closer to him. Resting my head in his shoulder, I fall into darkness.

With the last words I hear being. "I still love you."

:)