Chapter 58

Elliot

I had clear plan in my mind, when I reach states. I made plans to meet Everly and surprise her and take her out and explain my situation and hope she will understand me. The expectation and the feeling of hope, that  she will understand me, is funny. I don't even know if she wants to be with me after all the things I did to her, but all I could do is hope.

Things never go as we plan, do they? As soon as I reached and stepped towards the exit in the airport, my phone rang and it was Cole. He must be excited to have me back home. Funny thing is, I call this place my new home. I was expecting some cheerful greeting, but when I heard the stress and how he was freaking out. I couldn't help but worry about him and what was happening.

"This is not good." He said in a hurry and I was lost as to what he meant by that.

"What is not good? Can you slow down? I am tired after the flight and you talking fast is not helping me."

"They took Everly." He said.

I took a sharp breath, please let me be dreaming.

"What? What are you talking about?" I asked. I hope I heard wrong.

"Someone took Everly somewhere."

"Landon." My anger burst through me. No wonder that d*ckhead was contacting me, he have to go after her of all the people. "Take some guards with you to the place we went before for the game and contact the police."

"Are you going to burst them?" Cole said, "You do know they will do an investigation?"

"I know, but right now. We have to make sure she is safe." I said, angrily. "I am coming." As I ended the call.

I see someone waiting for me in the airport, "I need to borrow this car, can you find another way home? Take a cab or anything." I said.

They nodded their head and give me the key. I angrily steer the wheels and headed for that a^shole. He better not touch her with his filthy hands or he will regret what is coming towards him.

"She is not there. The place is empty." Cole called me and my heart sank at his words. This cannot be, they changed the venue? How am I suppose to know now where she is.

"Does she have her phone?"

"No." Cole said and I sighed. I have to find a way to get her out of that mess she never asked for, she must hate me by now for whatever trouble she has been getting because of me.

There was a text from a random number with an address and I pulled the car to the side, as I checked the message. "Your girlfriend is in this address." I have no idea whose number it was or who it was, but I can't help but take a chance with this address. This address was in the outskirts, which made it seem realistic and logically, but cliche at the same time. Should I take the risk and go to the address or find her myself. I was in the midst of argument with myself.

"Cole." I said, "I am going to go to one address. It is in the outskirt, I don't want it to be a scam, so I don't want us to go together. If you get a clue, go ahead, but right now I just have that one."

"Text me the address where you are going so I know where you went." He said.

"Okay."

"She will be fine." He said, his voice sounded unsure.

"I hope so." I said as I made my way to the highway to get to the outskirt.

I see a warehouse from far away in the middle of the field, I see trucks and I see his car, that a^s is here with his followers. I needed back-up now that I know they were here and most importantly she was here. My heart broke thinking about her going through so much because of me. I never wanted her to go through all of this.

The cops came silently as requested by me.

"How long was your girlfriend missing?" One asked.

"Sir, I will explain everything once she is safe." I said to them. "We need to get her out, now." I said. They nodded their head and prepare to go inside.

"You should stay out here, just in case they have weapon." One said.

"I can't just sit back and wait for you to save my girlfriend." I said, a little annoy and frustrated by now.

"She will be fine and you will be fine." A woman officer said with a motherly voice and I sighed. She is in there because of me and these people expect me to just not do anything about it.

"We don't have time to argue about this, let's save her first." Another officer, interrupted and I was so glad that at least he understand me.

As we slowly approached the warehouse, you could sense the silence inside, the silence broke when the siren from the ambulance came to life. I hope it is not a scam or some kind of a joke. I hope she is in there and is safe and sound. Please be safe in there was all I could hope for. When we burst to the warehouse. There she was pale and shivering tied up on a pillar.Her face flushed and was losing life. I ran quickly towards her and broke down, as I saw the condition she was in.This is not okay, she is not okay.

"Everly." I called out her name in the midst of chaos.

I quickly freed her free from the rope that tied her down and wrapped the down jacket and blanket on her. She was losing conscious way too soon. I had to let her know that I am here for her. I have to reassure her before it is too late, "I am here, baby. I am so sorry that I am late, but I am here, now." I have no idea if she heard me in the middle of the sounds and siren, but all I could do was hope as the paramedic came to help me take her to the hospital. Please be strong , baby. We still have to talk about us about you and about me. Please hold on to me for a little more as I sat in the ambulance holding her hand and watching her breathing slow down a little.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers, My goal before the end of the book is 100k reads. Please help me reach my goal ❤️❤️ thank you for your support ❤️