07 | Bloodbath

𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟷𝟹𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟿

𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟷𝟹𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟿.

You were a bit scared of your mother, now. 

     It seems since you've moved, she's deteriorated. Then again, that was just a child's perspective. Maybe she'd been wasting away for a while and you just hadn't noticed at all.

     But, those were your thoughts of past, and in the present, you were quietly creeping past your mother, the soft pit-pat of your steps echoing in the silence of the house. You made it to the kitchen, looking through the serving hatch cut into your kitchen wall, cluttered by framed photos and statuettes. Through the chaotic layout, you could see your mom's sleeping figure. She probably had another late night at work. 

     However, the peace wouldn't last very long, as a screeching tone emitted from your telephone. You scrambled to answer it in a bid to keep your mother from stirring. Your hands had a tight grip on the receiver to your ear, and finally, you heard Beverly's voice. She sounded scared⁠— no, not scared...

     Terrified.

     "Beverly, what⁠— what happened? Are you okay?" You asked, your tone soft; partly because you didn't want to wake your mother, and partly because you knew a quiet tone could be comforting to someone in distress as Beverly was at the moment.

     "[Y/N], there⁠— there's blood everywhere. My dad won't believe me, dear God, please tell me you'll believe me-" She began to ramble, but you cut her off abruptly before she could continue further.

     "I'll be there in ten." You said, nearly slamming down the receiver, but deciding against it when you turned your gaze back to your mother's sleeping form. You began creeping towards the door as quietly as you could and slipped some shoes on where they were placed in a rack. You thought you could leave the house without being caught by your mother, being right next to the door, hand hesitating near the handle, and as luck would have it...

     Your mother arose, and your eyes widened. 

     Shit.

     "[Y/N]? Where are you going?" She inquired, and you turned to her, biting your lip hard enough to draw liquid crimson. You were silent for a moment, thinking of an excuse. And finally, one rose in your mind.

     "I'm going to the skating rink." You lied. For the first time in your life, a lie fell from your parted lips, and into the ears of your mother.

      "You sure are going out a lot. You barely used to go out back home." She said, suspicion edging into her tone as she spoke. You cursed internally, and you opened the door quickly.

      "I'm going out more because I made some friends. Goodbye, mom. I love you." You walked out, slamming the door behind you. You heard your mom yelling incoherently through the door, but you ran. Maybe you were being a bit too disobedient- but your mom was scaring you. It was like the town had changed her.