Chapter 5

Edited

When I saw his eyes, I gave him a cold look. I know he's my alpha but he hurt me so he didn't deserve my respect at the moment.

"Where have you been Rayna!" His voice boomed throughout the pack house. I shut the door behind me. I knew everyone was listening from their rooms.

"It's not like you care. Stop pretending. I'm sick of it." I shrugged, trying to keep my anger and hurt down. A growl escaped my father's lips.

"I have had enough of you yelling at me. I am am your alpha, father or not. You are to respect me whether you like it or not." He said in his alpha tone.

"Yes alpha." I spat. I was sick of arguing but my anger didn't really let me hold back.

"I am going to ask again Rayna, where were you?" He said using a forced, calm tone. My anger started to bubble up more. I was close to spilling over the edge. "I went for a run." I said  calmly.

"You weren't in the territory for a while." He added. "Why?" That's when the tears started flowing.

"I found my mate, dad," I sniffled. Big, fat tears were rolling down my face. He looked confused. He probably thought I would be happy to find my mate. "H-he rej-jected me." I covered my face with my hands. I heard a growl echo throughout the house.

"Who is it?" He demanded to know.

"Alpha Orion Bloodmoon."

*

Orion's pov.

I was working on some paper work in my office when someone barged into the room. I didn't look up as I already knew who it was.

Charles.

"What is wrong with you man!" He shouted. I kept looking down at my work, trying to ignore him. "Do you know how much we need her?" He asked, seeming mad. I didn't want to talk about her. My wolf was already yelling at me nonstop for doing that.

"Need who?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"You know who Orion. Don't act all stupid like you dont know who I'm talking about." I growled from the lack of respect. "The pack needs Rayna, Orion. You do too." I shake my head and sigh. "I dont need her. The pack and I have been perfectly fine without her." It was now Charles' turn to shake his head.

"You're going to regret it. Just don't tell me I didn't warn you," he tells me, walking out of the office. "Oh and by the way..." he turned around to face me. "She's coming to stay here on thursday," He adds. Before I could protest, he walks out and slams the door, leaving me with my mouth and eyes wide open.

You screwed up really bad. Deran, my wolf commented.

I know that but shes a danger to our pack, I replied. He didn't say anything after that. I really wanted safety for my pack. Even if I didn't show it, I did. If anyone found out she was my mate, that could make rogues and enemies of mine go after her. That is the last thing I need. A weakness. If I stayed with her, people would go to her and hurt her to hurt me or bring me down. I am the most powerful alpha to ever live and I intended to stay that way.

I sighed and continued to do paperwork that I was working on before I was very rudely interrupted by my beta.

*

Rayna's pov.

"What!" My father yelled. If it was possible that anyone wasn't awake at this point, they are now.

"I'm going to his pack on thursday," I added.

"Why!" He demanded.

"His beta wants me to go and try to help him change his ways," I replied. He nodded.

"Just be safe around him, I can't have anyone else die on me." He was talking about my mother. She was killed in a rouge attack when I was 11. I'm 17 now so it's been 6 years. I would have expected my dad to grow cold but he didn't. Instead, he became more protective of Riley and I.

I nodded. "I'm sorry for being rude to you dad. I'm sorry for running away. I'm sorry for not being careful with my powers." I ran to him and he embraced me in a hug.

"I love you dad," I told him.

"I love you too, sweetheart." He held me closer before pulling away.

"I'm going to go to bed. Night dad."

"Goodnight." I then went upstairs and into my room. I went into the bathroom and did my nighttime routine which consists of, taking a shower, brushing my hair and brushing my teeth. Yeah I know, so interesting. I finally exited my bathroom and made my way over to my bed. I flipped onto it and layed there. Then everything hit me. Meeting my hard-headed mate, and the rejection.

I broke down into tears and sobs. The reality of being rejected started to show itself. I started to feel pangs go through my heart and they hurt like hell. Isla cried with me. After a while, my sobs turned to sniffles.

I heard the door open but I didn't bother to look up. Then, I felt the bed dip. I finally looked up to see Riley sitting next to me.

"I'm very sorry," She spoke while rubbing my back. I didn't say anything and kept sniffling.

"At least he didn't kill you when you were on his territory," She tried to lighten the mood. I shot my head up and looked at her.

"How did you-" she cut me off.

"We were all trying to mind link you. We couldn't so we only assumed you were on their territory since they are our neighboring pack." I let my head fall back onto the bed and sighed.

"Him killing me would have been better than feeling all this pain from the rejection," I told her. Then I felt a sting on the back of my head. "Ow!" I rubbed the back of my head. "What was that-" I looked up and stopped talking when I saw her very mad expression.

"Don't talk like that!" She yelled at me.

"Sorry," I apologized.

"It's fine, just try to get some sleep tonight," She instructed. I nodded as she got up and left my room. I started to feel tired all of a sudden. I finally gave in and I lulled myself into a deep sleep.
______________________________________

So how was this one?

Riley really might not make much of an appearance in Different.

I gave been very busy lately so I took a little longer to update this time.

I take marching band and I have had so many things to do with it the last couple of days. I had a game to be at on Friday. I have labor day parades to be at tomorrow and I had practice on Thursday so yeah.

Fun Fact:
In most books I've read, the main characters family becomes abusive after losing the mother. I didn't want to do that in Different because I thought it would be nice to be a little different from time to time. (I'm sorry bad pun.) That's why Rayna's family isnt like that.

Anyways, I'll see y'all in the next chapter.