dream

It had been a week since you and Zak got together, and you were happy.

You were currently hanging out at his place, watching Netflix on his couch with you leaning against his chest. He was circling his fingertips on your shoulder. It felt nice.

Despite having broken the deal with Alex, you were still 'together' in the eye of the public to keep up appearances, then the plan was to 'break up' once VidCon was over. That was going to happen a week from now.

"Did you get Alex to tell you who the mystery girl was?" Zak asked curiously.

"No he's still being secretive about it, I don't understand why." You said, not taking your eyes off of the screen.

"He'll come around soon. Don't worry (Y/N)." He pulled you up and kissed the top of your head. Just as he was doing that you phone began to vibrate.

11:57PM

FROM Alex:

im going to bed so i left the door
unlocked for u

"It's getting late, I should probably go home." You quickly said to Zak once you saw the time.

"You can stay over if you'd like you know."

"Maybe some other time." You turned down his third invite to stay the night this week. Something in your mind told you that it wasn't right to stay. But why? Zak was your boyfriend now. That's all that mattered, right?

You wanted to tell yourself that you just weren't ready but deep down inside you knew it was because your feelings were still split. Admitting that made you feel so guilty so you found it easier to pretend you didn't know what your mind was trying to tell you.

By the time you got out of the cab that had taken you from Zak's house to your apartment, it was past midnight so you opened the door very slowly and crept into your dark bedroom. You threw yourself onto the bed and maneuvered your way under the sheets and felt something against your leg. You furrowed your brows as you reached underneath the covers to find out what that was. Grabbing your phone and turning on the flash, you discovered that you were holding a hoodie that belonged to Alex. You forgot you borrowed it earlier this morning, you were cold and it was flung across the back of a chair so instead of digging around your wardrobe you just put it on. Obviously you remembered to take it off before you went to Zak's place, imagine if you turned up to your boyfriends house wearing someone else's clothes.

You were too tired to return it to Alex so you balled it up and was about to throw it to the corner of your room until your arms felt heavy. Sleep was overwhelming you and instead of launching it, you fell asleep with it against your chest.

In your dream you found yourself back in Mexico, in Alex's room, lay on his bed

"(Y/N) are you okay?" A voice asked.

You turned around and came face to face with Alex who also was lying awake on the mattress.

"I'm not okay."

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I shouldn't love you." You said hesitantly.

"But you do." He inched closer to you. "What if I told you I loved you too?" Alex whispered against your ear, making the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

You didn't answer, you just kept your eyes locked on his. He looked at you full of lust and you couldn't deny that you were enjoying this, even if it was wrong. Alex began to close the gap between the two of you once again. His lips brushed against yours. You could feel him breathing against you. Your heart was racing. Your skin was burning up. And you finally eliminated the remaining space between you and Alex by pressing your lips against his. Your lips moved perfectly in sync with his, as if they were two puzzle pieces that had finally been put together.

He swiftly moved to hover over you, pinning you down without breaking the kiss. Your hands had found their way up his body to his head and you ran your fingers through his dark hair as you pulled him closer to you. Alex still wasn't near enough for your liking, so you wrapped your legs around his lower torso and brought him lower.

"I love you." You managed to breathe out, but the moment you uttered those words you were sucked back into reality.

You woke up, alone. Back in San Francisco. Your chest was rising and falling rapidly. You were never going to be able to forget that dream.