43. Drinks

Adonis »

"I don't think that's a good idea." Farrah said over the phone.

"But...I really want to Farrah-"

"I get that, but I don't know if parties are for you. Plus we have school tomorrow." She sighed.

"My mom said I can go with Eden if we're back by 11. That's enough time to sleep-"

"Adonis it's not a good idea."

"Please stop interrupting me. How come you get to go to parties and I don't?"

"I'm just saying I don't think it's a good idea, I'm trying to look out for you so stop getting so mad."

"I'm not mad I just...wanna try it. If I avoid parties forever then I'll never be able to get used to them."

"But Adonis I just think that-"

"What about what I think?"

"Don I obviously care what you think I just don't want you in a situation that you will regret. But I can't convince you, so do what you want."

"Farrah-"

Before I could finish, she hung up.

I stared at my closet in front of me. I was hoping by telling Farrah about the party, she'd wanna go with me..but instead she yelled at me.

She's usually right..but right now I just wanted to have fun. She's all about me having fun, so why does she want to stop me?

I don't know.

I'd completely forgotten what it's like to make a decision without her advice.

"Don, you coming?" Eden said peeking in my room.

As Adam waited in the car, I was being rushed to get ready for this party. I was now running out of time to decide.

"Yeah, I'm going."

-

Adam»

After a seemingly endless quiet drive to the mansion the party was being held at, I was ready to have fun.

I could tell that Adonis was a little nervous, and I intended on talking to him ..but by the time we entered the party everything slipped my mind.

"Eden you're driving." I said leaving him and Adonis and making my way to a table full of liquors. I had a long day.

As I threw a couple shots back, a girl approached me.

She was cute, but unlike Eden..I don't really care for female attention.

Then again, what else could I do tonight? I can't dance with Eden for obvious reasons..why just drink by myself?

"I'm Tania." She smiled.

"Adam."

"Well Adam...you wanna go upstairs? This is my brother's party."

"I probably shouldn't." I laughed. "We can dance though?"

"Sure." She said, grabbing my hand.

-

Eden »

"What does he think he's doing?" I said, staring at Adam dance with some random girl.

To be completely honest, I had my eye on that girl the second I came in. But instead of talking to her, I had to babysit Adonis.

"I...don't know Eden. I thinkk he is dancing with a girl." Adonis laughed.

I can't lie, I did tell Adonis that having a drink or two could help him relax in a social situation like this..but I hadn't expected him to go through drinks so quickly. At this point, he was more drunk than I intended on him being.