55

I groan tossing another book across the Room of Requirement

I groan tossing another book across the Room of Requirement. "I am tired of this!"

Draco follows suit burying his face on his palm. "We're running out of time. It's almost Christmas break."

"We stick to the plan, Draco." I remind rolling my wand on my finger tips. "We let them think we're following orders."

He nods laying down on the ground looking up and I slip through his arms wrapping my own across his chest. "It'll all be over soon, love."

"Let's trust in the plan. It will work. It just needs time." I whisper to his chest.

Draco kisses the top of my head affectionately. He brushes my hair and hums. "I have complete faith in you. So does everyone else."

"You've talked with Marcus and the others?" I ask tugging on his tie.

"Yes, their loyalties are with us."

I smile undoing his tie now and pulling him down to my lips. "Perfect."

-

Draco and I sit one Hogsmeade afternoon in Professor McGonagall's classroom. She's given us detention for missing too many classes.

We dutifully start our work for detention. Homework. I never particularly liked homework but I smile through it knowing I wouldn't be able to leave the room without showing what I've done to the tall Professor.

Draco -being a swot that he is- was already finished with his weeks worth of paperwork and is now reading a curse breaker book that's been charmed to look like a Transfiguration one.

With everything that's been going on, school work seemed too normal that my body rejects it. I catch Draco's eyes and he smirks pointing to is watch.

It was almost game time.

A couple of minutes later and a hysterical girl comes rushing into the class screaming for Professor McGonagall. Not wasting another moment, the Professor rushes out leaving us with my unfinished homework. Draco reaches for my bag slinging it onto his shoulder. He never let me carry anything.

Not waiting to be dismissed, Draco and I exit the classroom and head for the dungeons with our fingers interlaced. The moment we step in, Blaise greets us with a devilish grin.

"Is it done?" Draco asks casually dropping our bags.

Blaise eyes gleam mischievously. "Was there any doubt?"

"Of course, not." I say smiling like a true Slytherin.

-

Right before the Holidays, Blaise and I received an invitation to attend Professor Slughorn's Christmas party.

We decided to be each other's dates because Blaise's current flame -whoever that girl is- isn't for public affairs.

"Merlin, Kally, she's not my girlfriend. Why would I take her somewhere official where my mum could hear about it? If she finds out I'm shagging girls with no titles she'd leave me without an inheritance." He tells me when I ask if he's bringing someone. "How about you? Won't you bring Draco?"

"Slughorn's afraid of being associated with Draco." I reply putting on my rather dramatic makeup.

Blaise laughs fiddling with his tie that matches my dress. We were on full twin mode. "Yes, how could I forget? He's all about staying neutral to this war."

Draco suddenly enters their dormitory and his eyes immediately find me. "You look like a true Slytherin Queen." He compliments looking a little upset that he couldn't go with us.

"No need to be upset, mate. We don't even want to go." Blaise says with a groan.

I decided to pay homage to my house wearing a backless sequined emerald dress that Missus Zabini- as per usual- got for me. I wanted to show everyone at the party that I was purely and for Slytherin.

"You'll be with Theo tonight?" I ask changing the topic to ease Draco.

"Yes, his father is owling over curse breaking books that Theo thinks will help."

Daphne enters the dormitory now with the rest of our friends.

"Those books are technically illegal. We have to be careful." Theo comments crashing into his bed.

Daphne laughs making her way to my side at the mirror. She fixes a few stray locks of hair in such a motherly way that it calms me. "We're Slytherins. We're always careful."

Greg puts a hand on Draco's shoulder. "We're with you."

We pause looking at each other. It felt different. Our eyes spoke so much. They were with us. It had a deeper meaning to what it meant and we understood.

-

Normally, pureblood parties are luxurious and elegant bordering simplicity. Professor Slughorn's party was anything but. It was loud and boisterous. The decorations alone made my inner Narcissa Malfoy cringe. It was too much color.

Blaise at the sight immediately pulls out a flask and takes a long drink. "This is gonna be a long night, Bellissima." 

Bred to be a gentleman, Blaise offers his arm for me to take and we're off making our way through the crowd. We're overdressed as usual looking like rich heirs from a far away land. The crowd parts at the sight of us.

An older boy I didn't recognize blocks our way and gives us an unnerving smile. "Hi, Kallista. Would you like to dance?"

Blaise narrows his eyes taking another long sip of his flask. Once he was done swallowing whatever he was drinking, Blaise shoves the palm of his hand right onto the boy's face almost toppling the boy over with the sheer force. "Damn. The pest control here needs improvement."

I laugh at my best friend stirring him away from the surprised boy. "Let's get some food in you, Blaise."

Professor Slughorn corners us and beams brightly. He starts introducing us to important Hogwarts alumni. Blaise and I take advantage of this and charm as many people as possible. We needed connections and allies if we wanted our plan to work.

Potter was at the party too. With Luna Lovegood as his date. We needed her too. He was following through the plan as promised.

When it was finally appropriate to leave, Blaise and I went our separate ways. Blaise off to meet with his lady of the night and I off to the Room of Requirement to meet with Draco.

The moment I enter the room, Draco smiles lifting his head from the new book he got from Theo. "Hey, love. How was your night?"

"My face hurts from the amount of smiles I was forced to give."

He laughs closing his book and opening his arms for me to fall into.

"How was yours?" I ask tucking myself in his arms.

Draco places a kiss on my head and another kiss on my ring finger. "Better now that you're here."

We relax into each other enjoying the short moment of peace that we have. "How's the new books?"

"It's quite intriguing. I have a load of things I want to try." He says sounding positive. "Make any good connections?"

"Loads. We're well on our way with our plans."