57

The moment we get back to Hogwarts, Draco and I continue our attempt on repairing the vanishing cabinet

The moment we get back to Hogwarts, Draco and I continue our attempt on repairing the vanishing cabinet. The newest addition to my jewelry on my finger is noticed by all.

Severus Snape and Narcissa Malfoy already knew beforehand because of Draco but everyone else was at an awe. Maybe it was because of the massive black diamond on the ring or because at seventeen and sixteen we were now official engaged. We were technically of age now and purebloods normally get engaged at this age or younger.

Daphne in particular was beside herself when she first saw it during the holidays, screaming excitedly and marveling at the ring. She promised to be the perfect Maid of Honor and help with all the preparations. Theo being Draco's best mate smiled and kissed my cheek. He had already known too.

Blaise like the brother that he is groaned dispassionately and said, "If he does anything- we could always sell that and run away."

Missus Zabini was in absolute tears. "Your mum would be so proud. I wish she was here to see this! Oh! I must prepare the perfect wedding dress!"

The people at Hogwarts on the other hand, gave mixed reactions. Some were merely shocked with the glorious ring but most were horrified saying I was engaged to the son of a known Death Eater.

Regardless of that, the envy in the other girl's eyes were obvious as well as the insecurity in the boy's. Death Eater or not, Draco is still the finest boy in the Wizarding World to date and everyone knows his capabilities.

Draco and I pay no mind focusing all our attention on finishing the task at hand. We were quickly running out of time.

Back at the Room of Requirement, Draco throws a particularly useless book at the vanishing cabinet. "Son of a-!"

"We'll manage." I say from my seat not even looking up from my book. This was a normal occurrence now. At one point we'd just lose it and start a bad tantrum and then go back to work.

"Did Theo finally slip that bottle to Slughorn?" He asks massaging his temples.

I laugh almost mockingly. "Guess who got poisoned?"

"It cant be Dumbledore, I saw him at dinner." Draco says with a mischievous smirk. Merlin, he's so handsome. I would never openly admit this but Draco had taken off his robe and was only wearing a tight dress shirt. He had the sleeves pulled up showing his refined biceps.

"Weasley."

Draco bursts out laughing his initial irritation gone. "Even better!"

-

With Weasley poisoned, the Keeper in replacement for Gryffindor is someone even less competent than Weasley if that was even possible. We've already finished battling with all the other houses coming on top yet again this year. To distract ourselves from our ever growing failure in the Room of Requirement, my friends and I decided to come and watch the Quidditch match between Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff.