Ch. 45 : Missing the old you

"I'm glad to see you but...Daehan hasn't come back yet...I'm concerned...he doesn't even answer my calls or texts."

My mood changes in the blink of an eye, my hopes of getting good news about him once I would be back home dropping down. I sigh but peck her cheek. "I'm going to take care of it, don't worry about anything honey, okay?" my hands rub onto her sides, making my best to reassure her.

She nods to answer me but still lets the distress readable on her face. I brush her cheek with my thumb but press my lips on her ear, to whisper into it. "I promise it's going to be alright," I give her one last peck before stepping away, to dial Daehan's number while stretching my hand out to Kiran who seems to want to hold it.

His smaller but slender fingers intertwine with mine, his eyes gazing up at me while I'm stressing out the more the ringtone of the phone resounds. What the hell is he doing or what happened to him?

I sigh but decide to text him since no answers are coming.

[ Daehan, what the hell are you doing? Why aren't you answering your phone? Your sister and I are worried to death! >

I hold my phone down, laying my eyes on my baby boy and squatting down. "What's wrong sweetheart?" I keep his hand in mine, pecking the tip of his nose. "Where is Daehan...?"

Of course, the question I was fearing the most. "I...Daehan is at his boyfriend's house..."

"And why isn't he coming...?" he steps forth and encircles my neck with his arms, missing his uncle and needing him for sure. "He's going to come back...I just need to tell him to do it..." I press my lips on his cheek but hold him against me. Since he doesn't seem to want me to let go, I lift him up and carry him to Y/N. "Do you know where Haechan lives honey?"

"No...but I have his number...I just don't know if I should text him..."

"How did you get his number?" I frown but walk up to her phone, unlocking it with the password I know. "I got it when he came here."

"He gave it to you like that?" I look up at her before checking the number of the man and holding my own phone in my other hand, still keep Kiran against me without any difficulty. "Yes, I asked for it in case something like that could have happened so that I could always have a way to contact Daehan but...what if he wants to avoid us...?"

I shake my head in refusal, not wanting to believe into this after all the conversations I had with him. Without waiting, I save Haechan's number in my phone and only use mine from now on to not think twice before texting him.

[ Hey, it's Jungkook. Can you tell me if Daehan is at your house? I and his sister have been trying to reach him but he's not answering >

I put Kiran on the kitchen counter for it to be easier for me but of course, no answers yet. I'm not going to be able to breathe or calm down until I'll get his answer. I'm not feeling good.

•••

I remain on the sofa with Y/N, holding her hand as I'm totally feeling useless while she's crying. I have to hold back from doing it or else this will worry her even more to see that I'm scared for our baby.

I lay my eyes on her with a lot of difficulty and pain that I cannot handle once she's in this kind of state, but pull her closer to me, to let her head rest on my chest and hold her.

I have no words to say, I cannot tell her he's okay or going to come back, I have no idea but I might call the police if he doesn't show any signs of life any time soon. We've been waiting for endless hours, Kiran and Areum now sleeping while we can't even just close an eye.