63

"It's our last year

"It's our last year." I tell my team right before our first game of the season. It's Gryffindor versus Slytherin and the days coming to this was a brutal one.

Many tried to attack our new young Chaser. I was worried.... at first.

We all thought he was an over eager smiling child but in reality, he sent seven older Gryffindors to the Hospital Wing in a single day without any help.

Harper just smiled devilishly at them while he proceeded to hex them constantly until they were barely recognizable.

"For the last time, we are Slytherins and that in itself is already awarding. Regardless, we always win with blood, sweat and tears of our enemies." My heart was contracting painfully at the thought that this was our last year. Our last year to do what we love. It meant so much more than Quidditch. It meant that in a few months we were graduating and continuing the fight.

I look to my team- Theo our ever reliable and responsible Keeper, Blaise my best mate with very loose morals, Greg and Vince our ever protective Beaters, Draco my fiancé with his wicked reflexes and finally our new Chaser Harper looking very determined and excited. He would make a great Captain.

Draco grasped my shoulder and squeezed. Greg and Vince come lumbering forward nodding their heads and grasping their bats threateningly. Theo merely grins and Blaise sticks his tongue out.

"You guys are great." Harper whispers in awe holding his broom tightly.

-

I walk out of the locker rooms to the middle of the pitch, the newest broom in the market customized to Slytherin colors in my hands.

Ginny Weasley walks to meet me in the middle her eyes angry. Like a true Slytherin, I tilt my head and smirk.

"Poverty looks good on you, Ginerva." I smile pointing to her mop and tossing my hair back. "Let's hope it's enough for Potter to notice you."

She seethes clutching her cleansweep so tightly the twig looked like it would snap in two. "I'll make you bleed."

I laugh casually leaning on my broom. "Like how your brother did?"

My team bursts out laughing and starts whistling.

"That's enough, Captains." Madam Hooch reprimands. "Shake on it."

Grinning, I offer my hand first and Ginny Weasley is quick to squeeze mine tight. It was more of a massage than anything else.

"Pathetic, aren't you?" I whisper pulling her close enough to whisper and with a strength that would make Marcus Flint proud I crush her hands.

She screams out in pain pulling away. "Mountain troll!"

"You shouldn't describe yourself in front of the enemy, Ginerva. It's alright though, I already know you are one."