68

*im sorry in advance*

My knees buckle at the sight of the dead bodies we pass through

My knees buckle at the sight of the dead bodies we pass through. So many young faces staring back at me. It was haunting and my stomach couldn't take it. We've spilled so much unnecessary magical blood.

There was a constant quake in the ground that forced Draco and I to grasp on the walls. The smoke and rubble had my lungs begging for fresh air.

"Bloody hell! I've been looking all over for you." I look up to the familiar voice of Marcus Flint and throw myself at his bloody bruised body in relief.

The sight of my very skillful and powerful Captain was comforting. Nothing bad would happen with him nearby.

"Marcus! You're alright." I breathed pulling away.

Marcus rolls his eyes but smiles charmingly and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Of course, I would be alright. I am the Head of Law Enforcement. I didn't get my position by being weak."

"Always so humble." Draco comments snidely.

Marcus winks at my fiancé, a wide mischievous grin on his face.

"They said you were looking for us?" I ask going back to my spot beside Draco.

Marcus nods looking grave. "The Dark Lord is looking for Severus Snape. He left the Shrieking Shack to find him."

I swallow feeling scared all of a sudden. "Do you know where Severus is?"

"By the docks. Severus was trying to get the little ones out to Hogsmeade." Marcus pauses looking at the two of us. "Be careful. The Dark Lord looked angry talking about the Elder Wand. I believe Severus convinced him that he killed Dumbledore not you."

My heart pummels. That couldn't be. That wasn't the plan.

"Thank you, Marcus. I owe you." I tell my old Captain who shakes his head.

"How's about you pay me back by staying alive?" He smiles taking my hand and placing a large fang on it.

I wrap my hands around it and my eyes brighten at the sight of the Basilisk's fang. "You found it!"

"Was there any doubt?"

"Never."

-

The moment we arrive at the docks, my panic was all over the place. It felt like it was becoming difficult to breath as if there wasn't enough air.

Draco held my hand tightly in his. This wasn't the plan. We were supposed to exploit the Dark Lord's interest in me. He was supposed to look for me and leave Nagini. I am the rightful owner of the wand he's been searching for. Severus knew the plan yet he changed it.

My mind and my heart was racing. I felt overwhelmed with emotions as we hurried along.

A loud groan could be heard from the little wooden boathouse and I abandon my initial instinct with self preservation to check on my godfather.