Ch. 8

- Rafael's POV -

The whole ride to her apartment she sat on my lap. She was so worried about being pulled over but I kissed her on the head and told her I'm Rafael Santigo "The Shiv" Montez.... law enforcement takes one look at me and bows their heads. My father is a very powerful man with deep connections. The law doesn't interfere with business or pleasure because we pay them handsomely and support their fundraisers with donations. As I pull into a parking space and turn off the car, she wraps her arms around my neck and squeezes. I do the same and after a few minutes she lets go.

"Thank you." She lowers her gaze. Tsk tsk tsk... this will not do. I grab her chin and make her look at me.

"Don't ever hide those eyes from me. I wanna see those beautiful gems every chance I get." I watch her cheeks turn a rosy shade of pink and grin. Everything about her... everything she does or says draws me closer to her. Makes me want her more. She's becoming my drug and I'm a very needy and impatient addict who will never get enough of a fix.

I knew she would be addicting. I want her more and more every day. She consumes my thoughts. I can hardly concentrate on anything else. My brothers make lewd comments about her but they know to keep their distance. Dont get me wrong, I trust my brothers around her. I know she would be safe with them. I know they wouldn't try anything with her... they know, brother or not, I would break every bone in their body if they did. They just like to fuck with me because they know for me, she is that one particular button you don't want to push.

She is mine. Only mine... and no one touches what's mine. She's a real mans perfect woman. Small but feisty, beautiful and yet a little insecure... her body is toned and soft with skin as smooth as silk. She attracts trouble anywhere she goes. Men gawk at her and make dirty comments... let them. They can talk shit all they want, look all they want, but you disrespect or attempt to touch my kitten and you deal with The Shiv.

"Rafael?" She says pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yes kitten?"

"Are you okay? You seemed to be thinking pretty deep there. I could smell your brain cooking from here." She giggles and it sets every nerve in my body on fire. I kiss her on  the nose and nod. She gets out of the car and straightens her dress but I scoop her up and she squeals from the surprise.

"I'll walk you to your door." I wink.

"I can walk on my own you know."

"I know." I smile, ignoring her hint to put her down. She's so light I hardly break a sweat carrying her up the stairs.

"So you're just gonna keep walking and ignore that piece of information?"

"Yep." I said, making her giggle and feeling my addiction grow ever deeper. When we get to her door, my phone rings. I put her down and see the caller ID read - Javi - ...... I answer.

"Yeah?"

"Get down to the warehouse now!
Someone took all our guns!"

"What!?"

"That's not all, just get down here now!"

"I'll be there in five." I hang up and see worry plastered on her face.

"What's wrong?" She asks putting her hand on my arm. I sighed.... not yet kitten. I can't tell you yet.