This isn't real

For a short moment in time, I thought I was just remembering a memory from a long time ago. I was at my family home, running through the house, just doing things a little child would do.

It was so much more than that.

The house's beige walls started crumbling and melting, painting the floor a sickly pale color. The liquid spread, rolling across the carpet, soaking it whole, until it was no more.

I could do nothing but stare as it got closer and closer to my feet.

A wet splash was the only thing that warned me, before a charred hand whipped out of the liquid, gripping tightly around my ankle. My whole body froze and I could only watch as the rest of the body raised itself from inside it.

"A-ra-shi~?" The sight before my eyes was sure to lead to more nightmares.

Mother dragged her cracked nails across my skin, opening flesh, the blood dripping in puddles underneath my feet.

"A-ra-shi~?" She repeated, crooked teeth flashing in front of my eyes, before my back met the wet floor.

She started raking her nails across my face, cheeks bursting open, blood obscuring my vision.

There was nothing I could do except scream, it was futile to try, because they were drowned out by her gleeful laughter.

"Why didn't you save me~?" Her singsong tone didn't falter, and it didn't make things better. "Why did I have to die~?" She continued asking and I had no answer.

"Answer me, Arashi~!" She raised her voice and I looked at her. Her eyes were a sickly white shade, the pupils were missing. Her lips were cracked and the blood was spilling down her jaw and neck.

I opened my lips to speak, but no sound came out. I'm sorry! Forgive me! I could only scream in my mind and I knew it mattered not if she heard me or not.

After all, this was only a dream.

"That's where you're wrong, dear boy~!" The weight on top of me disappeared and the scenery around me changed. Raising my hand, I touch my cheek. There was no cut and no blood.

The forest around me was different than on that night. The blue flames and the smoke was no more. It was dark and the only thing I heard was the quiet rustling of the leaves.

"Arashi~?" A different voice echoed and I turn to the direction it came from. There he was, standing in the middle of the clearing, not a scratch on his body. The blond hair not tousled at all and clear blue eyes shinning in mirth.

"Until when are you going to have these dreams? You know there's no way to change the past". He smiled that rare smile of his, perfect white teeth on display. He started walking over to where I was. "If you didn't exist, your mother would still be alive~". There was a slight chuckle added to that sentence.

It made it all that worse. He said the truth. If I was never born, none of this would have happened.

Mother would still be alive, he would not have become a villain for me and they would have lived happily ever after.

"Do you not blame yourself, Shi-chan~?" I do blame myself. "Do you not wish it was you that died in our stead~?" I do, I do. "Do you not wish you were never born~?"

"I wish I was never born". The place started shaking and warping around me after I whispered the words. The ground under my feet crumbled away. His eyes, shinning in satisfaction, were the last thing I saw as I welcomed the darkness about to swallow me.