7 - He's basically Fransico Lahowiski with an Italian accent.

♡️Aesthetic above is Adrian's♡️
Aurora
Mom hasn't came back, yet. Dad has been taking more shifts at the hospital these past few weeks. Much to dad's dismay, Aspen quit the football team. He hasn't been coming home until late.
I have the house to myself throughout the week.

And, for your information, I have no intention
of throwing a party that will result in teenagers having sex on my bed. That's just gross.

"So, um, are you going to help me with this?" He mumbles. I mentally face palm. I had forgotten that I had invited him. We were paired up for a Physics assignment. I sat cross-legged on my bedroom floor, flipping through the textbook.
Josh quirked an eyebrow at me, his blue irises glistened like a moonpool.

I had to admit that he was pretty cute. He had black curls. Due to his Puerto Rican heritage, he had an accent, and tanned skin. His eyes were
a bright blue. I'm pretty sure he has a girlfriend, though. If I'm not mistaken, he's dating the head cheerleader, Payton Michaels.

"You realize it's a little weird to invite your physics partner into your bedroom, right?" Adrian stands at my doorway, a smirk on his lips. I roll my eyes at him.

"Why are you in my house, Adrian?" I ask bluntly.

"Your brother let me in. By the way, why did he quit the team? He was pretty damn good."

"Don't you have girls to reject?!" I snap. Josh looks at us, confusion sewn across his features.
Adrian, however, still had that stupid smirk on
his lips. A laugh slipped past his lips.

Surprisingly, I have yet to hear him chuckle. It
has always been a genuine laugh that fills my ears. Not that I'm complaining. I find it weird when guys chuckle. But, it'd be even weirder if they giggled. When someone giggles, it sounds like a dying cat. No joke.

I cross my arms, and shoot him a glare. "Okay, Adrian, what do you want?"

"Seriously, Carter? Your dorky boyfriend has permission to stare, but I don't? That's cold."

"First of all, he's not my boyfriend. Second of all, I invited him. You weren't invited."

"Trust me, Carter," he smirks, "you'll have more fun with me." I scrunch up my nose in pure digust, as if I had just smelt Aspen's football jerseys. He has absolutely no shame.

At the sight of my reaction, he laughed. Hearing him laugh made a small smile form on my glossed lips.

Shit, what is happening to me?

After Josh had left, I led Adrian into the kitchen because I didn't really trust myself alone in my bedroom. I pulled open the freezer, and grabbed the pizza rolls. "You want anything to drink?" I asked him, arching an eyebrow.

"Sure. Um, hand me a Fanta." He replied, drawling out his Italian accent.

Satan, um, can you turn down the heat down there? It's getting kind of hot in here.

He hoisted himself onto the kitchen counter, staring at me with those beautiful blue orbs.
If Adrian wasn't such a jerk, I would've jumped him in a heartbeat. I'm not even kidding. He's basically Fransico Lahowiski with an Italian accent. Minus the kids, of course.

"Carter," he begans, drawing out a breath. I hum in response, granting him permission to continue.
"I'm sorry I've been such an asshole to you." I turn to face him, completely baffled by his words.

He wasn't an asshole to me. He was an asshole to the entire female population.

Then, why is he apologizing, idiot?

That is a good question, voice of reason.

"Okay, I'll rephrase that. I'm sorry I've been an asshole to every human being on the face of the earth."

Wow.

Just wow.

"I forgive you, but I can't speak for every human being on the face of the earth." I tell him, a smirk tracing my lips that could definitely use some chapstick.

His laughter fills the room. I smile.

He grabs an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter, and takes a bite. Damn. Who knew that the bad boy eats apples?

"Let's play a game, Adrian." I speak, and I'm surprised by my words.

He raises an eyebrow. "What kind of game?"

"Um, twenty-one questions." I bite down on my bottom lip. I'm worried about his reaction. Why would he want to play a game? What the hell was
I thinking?

"Sure." Wait, what?  "You start."

"What's your favorite color?" I let the words leave my lips.

"Seriously?" He gives me a look. "This is your first question? My favorite color? Well, if you'd like to know... my favorite color is navy blue."

I give him a quick once-over with my eyes. Makes sense.

"Okay, your turn, Adrian." I tell him.

"Do you believe in love?"

As startled as I am by the question, I decide to answer, anyway. "Yes, I do. Even though I have never fallen in love, I still believe that it exists."

He nods.

"What's your favorite song?"

"If I had to pick, then I'd say "Amnesia" by 5sos.
What color of eyes do you find the prettiest?"

What if I say yours?

"I like various shades of blue, but I like brown eyes, too." His lips curl up into a smirk, which I hate.

Damn, his ego is bigger than his fan base. Which is saying quite a lot.

"Do your tattoos have a meaning?"

"Some do," he replies, in a low whisper.

"Okay, which ones?" I see him hesitate. "Please?"

"Okay.... This one," he points to the name on his left forearm, "is to remember my mom. She died five years ago at the hands of a bunch of knocked up rich kids. This one," he points to his right arm, "is another way to remember her. The heartbeat is to remind me that she's still alive in my heart. The paper airplane on my wrist represents my fear of flying. This one," he shows me the small crescent moon behind his ear, "means power. It was a way of overcoming my past. And, this one," he removes his tshirt, and gestures to the red rose at his heart," is a symbol for all the blood my mom had shed. To me, it means that I can move on with my life, even if my mom is no longer in it."

"Adrian, why did you get a tattoo to represent your fear of flying permanently tatted on your body?" I ask, with a small laugh.

"To remind myself that you have to let yourself fall, in order to fly. I guess that's why I'm scared
of flying. Because I have fallen so many times."

Because I have fallen so many times.

Those words played in my head on repeat. Like
a broken cassette.

Hey! Did you like this chapter? Do you like the fact that they're warming up to each other? Aurora is starting to realize that Adrian isn't all that bad.
Adrian is beginning to admit his defeat, and apologize for his mistakes.

But, don't you worry. The story isn't over yet.