Colby Brock x Reader

"We need to be prepared that we will see something," Elton said. Everyone was sat around the hotel room before they headed off to the Suicide Forest.

"What do you mean?" Brennen asked, tapping his foot nervously on the floor.

"He means we'll see a body," you spoke up, not looking at anyone as you scrolled through your phone on the directions to the place. "I don't know if I want to be surrounded by that much sadness, though, guys."

"I don't think any of us actually want to go but," Jay stopped. "I guess it's just something we have to do."

You put your phone down, looking up at everyone. "Yeah but you guys know what I've been through," you explained. "I don't know if I want to backtrack, you know?"

Colby rubbed your back comfortingly. "I'm the same, in a place where you're finally at ease, but you'll be fine." He saw you bite your lip, something he noticed that you did when you were filled with anxiety. "It's like an alcoholic. They get rid of the temptation of having drinks in their home, which yeah that's great. But once they're in the outside world, when they're at festivals or they walk passed bars or when they're in bars. They fight that temptation. There'll be sticky beer on the table that they just wanna tap with their finger and lick it but they don't 'cause they fight the urge to and it makes them stronger." He explained and everyone had listened to him intently, in awe of his example. "By you coming with us, you'll be fighting against everything you've ever been through and you'll be stronger."

"Or I'll be mentally fucked, Colby," you joked, but you weren't really joking. You knew everyone was feeling the same way, but you were just being more open about it.

He sighed. "Yeah maybe, maybe not, or maybe both." He shrugged. "You won't know though, I've been through some things but I'm going because I know I'm surrounded by people who will make me feel okay. You'll have me and the others. We won't let you get bad and if you don't like it then I'll take you back. I'll protect you." He looked around as everyone agreed, nodding their heads and saying their own words of comfort.

"You guys promise?" you laughed lightly.

"When have we ever broken a promise?" Elton said, checking things off through his bag."

"True-" you said.

"Yeah, that's what got us into this situation," Brennen muttered, attempting to make light of the situation.

"Fine," you sighed. "But when I say bananas, we're straight out, okay?" Colby nodded but laughed.

"That's your safe word?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I like the fruit," you defended. "It's filled with potassium."

"Forest will be scared of how cute you are," you rolled your eyes at him.

"Fuck off."

***

You were all stood in front of the rope that would lead you into the forbidden part of the forest. You were surprisingly okay, but it was Brennen who was holding a firm grip onto your upper-arm. He would hold onto you and Colby, walking in between you, every time something scared him.

"This is it," Elton spoke to the camera. "We ready guys?"

All of you stepped over the rope and suddenly you felt a heaviness on your body. You hadn't felt it at all prior and you began to breathe rapidly.

"Shit, you okay?" Colby asked as you nodded, waving him off. You had gotten your breathe back and were now perfectly fine. "What happened?"

"I just felt a weight on myself, like," you stumbled over your words. "I don't know how to describe it."