[34] - She Was Lost Too

stranger | alex

*

"Hello, Welcome to Kings Cafe. How may I be of service?"

"Babe, huh?"

"O-Oh Alex, h-hey. How's—how's your day been?"

"..."

"What's so funny?"

"You, you're the funny one. I bet your face is soooo red right now."

"Whattttt nooooooo."

"Mhm sure. Red just like a toma—"

"It was an accident."

"What? Calling me babe?"

"Yeah, it kinda just...slipped out."

"..."

"Y-Yeah, I knew that. Was it meant for someone else?"

"I told you that I wasn't looking for a relationship right now."

"Maybe you had a fling and was calling her babe as some sort of kink or something then slipped up with me."

"Is that what you think?"

"I mean...no."

"What? Alex is that really what you think of me?"

"..."

"N-No—"

"You hesitated."

"No I didn't."

"Yeah, you did."

"I don't think that of you Stranger, I was just—"

"I..."

"I don't know."

"I hate to break it to you Alex but not everyone's like Dec."

"..."

"Wow."

"...Alex—"

"Are you being for real right now?"

"I—"

"Declan was SUFFERING and thought he was all alone and did things that he wasn't proud of."

"That's not an excuse to hit you! For the love of god Alex, you've called me balling wanting to end your life because he almost fucking raped you. He was not suffering. He was a bad—"

"Dec was LOST! He didn't know what to do.."

"And that makes what he did ok?"

"No, but he was my first love, my first boyfriend, my first everything. I knew the real him. You didn't. YOU don't have room to say anything."

"You're right, I didn't know that side of him. I only know the side that you made clear to me. Dec was sleeping around with other girls, never made time for you, spread these terrible rumors, and never seemed to be there for you! There are plenty of other guys that were better for you than he was."

"Oh yeah? Like who?"

"Ever since that first call, I was always there for you. I still am."

"No matter what happens, no matter how much you decide to hate me after this, I'm still going to be there for you. I'll always be on the other side of the phone when you need someone to talk to. Because that's the kind of person I am and that's how much I'm dedicated."

"I understand what you're going through. My cousin Carley she...let's just say she was lost too. She didn't know how to cope with things and I...I was never around much and that's something I regret."

"I've endured so much my entire life and I've always been there for people even if they weren't there for me."

"So just...I guess when you're ready, call me, but I have to get back to work for now."

"...talk to you later, Alex."

— Call Ended —

"...

"I'm so stupid..."

*
I'm not even going to say anything...
And wait to see if anyone notices.

But hey!

I know a couple updates ago I've been gone for a little while, and I don't really have an excuse besides not having much motivation. That and not knowing how to phrase what I wanted to say. I also want these characters to continue to develop before the end, which is closing in quick.

I hope all of you stick around till then.

Don't forget to:

vote
comment
share
add to your reading list
and...
follow me to get more updates

Until next time

❤️