Chapter 39

O P H E L I A ' S  P O V

My eyes fluttered open slowly as I looked around the dark room. It was easy to say that it was morning, due to the orange lighting that was slightly shining through the thin curtains.

I looked across the room and saw Levi sitting down in the chair, his head casted down and in his hands.

I tried to move my feet to sit up straight but the piercing feeling between my legs reminded me of the time when I lost my virginity.

"Levi?" My voice was barely above a whisper. I couldn't remember what happened earlier today. I didn't even remember falling to sleep.

His head snapped up to meet my gaze and he rushed over to my side of the bed, his hands caressing my cheek tenderly.

"W-What happened?" I questioned groggily as I looked around my surroundings.

His eyes avoided eye contact with mine, "You passed out. God, I'm so sorry, Ophelia. I should've known better than to be that rough with you, especially the night before your first day of college. You fucking scared me." He said solemnly.

I passed out? It was obvious that Levi was truly beating himself up about it and I didn't want that. I was the one who initiated last night, from what I could remember, and as far as I was concerned, he shouldn't have to feel bad about something that I wanted.

"Don't be," I mumbled. "I-I liked it— a lot." I blushed at my confession. "And I'd like if we— did it again." I continued.

Levi's eyes were wide with surprise as he listened to me. He swallowed thickly and looked away from me. "Oh... Once you're okay then," He said as he got up and turned away from me.

I frowned. That wasn't exactly the response that I was expecting, far from it actually. His lack of words left me feeling dejected, that somehow, me passing out was a complete turn off to him.

"A-Aren't you coming back to bed?" My voice cracked slightly at the distance that he made between us.

"Uh— no, I have some work to finish downstairs." He cleared his throat. "You should rest, there's a long day ahead of the both of us." With that, he turned and exited the room.

This wasn't how I expected my first day of college to begin.

--------------------

"First we'll drop you off, sort out everything, and then I'll make a quick turn to the diner to finalise your resignation," I listened to Levi from my spot across the room in front of the mirror. I was trying to find a new style to put my hair in since the bun wasn't what I was really going for, especially for my first day.

My hands were incredibly tired when I was done putting up my hair, sadly losing two hair ties in the process. I looked in the mirror at different angles to ensure that all sides were properly in. I would literally cry if I had to do this back over again.

"Ophelia? Are you listening?" I heard Levi's voice. I looked across at him wearily. He truly was a handsome man, especially standing in the middle of the room with his hands in his pockets clad in a black three-piece suit.

"Hmm? Yeah, I am," We didn't talk about what happened last night or this morning. He was speaking to me like regularly, making no effort to go out of his way to touch me in any way.

He sighed defeatedly. "Have you chosen an outfit yet?" He asked.

I bit my lip, "I wanted your opinion. I wasn't sure what to wear." I got up and walked to our closet.

He followed me, trailing about a few feet behind me. "Jeans? Dress?" He questioned me, in which I shrugged

"What'd you think I should wear? I'm not good at picking good first impression outfits," I mumbled.