Part 52

I had sent Dominic a message last night before going to bed that I would be driving myself to work this morning but that I would stop off and get his coffee like I always did.

I hadn't gotten a reply, but I did see that he read it so I took that as his 'Okay'.

After my alarm went off, Preston joined me for my morning shower. We touched, we kissed, we bathed and then we got out.

I wasn't even upset that all weekend we hadn't slept together. It felt nice to wait for someone. It felt nice to be wanted for something other than what was between my legs.

"You ready," he asked as he stood next to the front door.

I finished putting in my earrings and grabbed my purse and keys from the counter.

"I guess. Do I look okay?"

I was wearing something I usually didn't—pants. 

Not jeans, but light grey, high-waisted, wide-bottom slacks. I was wearing a tight red long-sleeved blouse with a neckline that came up to the base of my throat and a pair of black heels. My hair was in a sleek ponytail at the nape of my neck and the earrings I was wearing were onyx stones.

Preston smiled and pulled me to him for a kiss, "It's a little tighter than I'd like, but you look great."

I smirked, "Gotta show off for my man now."

He hummed in agreement, "And you gotta show off that you're mine."

"Of course. I thought that was a given," I chuckled and pulled away, "Come on, you're gonna be late for your flight."

***

"What time do you usually leave work?" 

He was shifting gears through the city and it was too early for me to be feeling some type of way, but I was.

"Usually whatever time Dominic decides he's done for the day."

I watched his eyebrows knit together, "I'll be sending a car to pick you up at 4:30. You shouldn't be working 10 to 12 hour days just because he does."

I looked out the window and lowered my voice, "He's not going to let me leave that early, Preston."

"Tell him I said you could."

I laughed at his nonchalant tone, "Oh yeah? And you think he'll go for that? Just because his brother said so?"

"You trust me, don't you, Kitten?"

I blushed at the pet name, "Of course, but—"

"—Just get up at 4:25, tell him to have a good day, and walk out. I promise he won't say a word to you."

I bit my lip as he pulled up outside the daunting black building, "He'll just let me leave?"

"Yes, Princess, but if he gives you any trouble just call me and I'll handle it. Otherwise, I'll call you at 5, okay?"

"Okay," I whispered.

"I'll miss you."

I sighed and felt the anxiety I had been feeling since getting in the car almost multiply. My stomach hurt when I realized that this was it. Our weekend away was over and it was back to the real world. He claimed everything would be okay because he would handle it, but he wouldn't be here at 4:25, would he? No, he would be in Houston doing God only knows what.

"I'll miss you, too."

"Have a good day, Kitten," he leaned over and kissed me and I made sure to put so much emotion into the kiss that he wouldn't be able to help himself against thinking about it.