Part 62

"Just one drink, Genevieve. Please? I promise I won't touch...I mean, unless you want me to. I just want to celebrate with you since you made this possible," he was leaning against my desk like he usually did. His arm and shoulder muscles were stretching out the arms of his suit jacket as his arms were folded across his chest.

"Dominic, I'm really not in the mood," I said, but I'm sure even he heard the hesitation in my voice.

I was still reeling from the high I felt when I watched Gary Emerson sign his signature on the freshly drawn up contract. From what Dominic told me about him, Gary was a tough guy to get through to and when it came to business he was cheap and greedy.

He had low balled Dominic, giving us a number I'm sure even he knew was ridiculous, but once I started laying on the charm thick as molasses he instantly changed his tune to please me and we walked out getting more from him than even we originally wanted.

I smiled and felt slightly giddy. It was my first win since being here and it wasn't even my job to start bringing in clients yet. I had helped Dominic land someone who was known to be difficult and it was easy.

"I see you wanting to say yes, Princess. Just one drink? Come celebrate our victory," he pouted his lip and it was a sight to see for sure.

This big and strong dominating businessman who never showed emotion with his lip pouted but also slightly smiling at the same time and it made me want to say yes to any and everything he wanted. It was hard not to fall in love with the Sun when the rays were warm and the breeze was cool.

I sighed and smiled wide, "Fine, but just one, Dominic. I'm serious!"

His smile matched mine and he placed a hand to his chest, "Just one, I swear."

***

"Where are you going," he asked as I walked toward the parking garage.

I turned around and knit my brows together, "Um, to my car? I was going to drive myself..."

"I think the fuck not, Genevieve. I might be reckless to you, but I won't allow you to be reckless to yourself. You'll be riding with me," he stated and I laughed.

"It's one drink, Dominic. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to drive myself home and besides, you're allowed to drive after one drink? How is that fair?"

"I won't be driving. We'll be taking that black car," I looked to where he was pointing and saw the same black car that picked me up the night of the charity ball.

"How will I get my car?" As I said the words I was absentmindedly making my way to the black car across the street.

"I'll have him come and get you tomorrow and then you can just drive your car home tomorrow after work," he opened the back door and ushered me inside before getting in himself.

"Charles?"

"Yes, Sir," his eyes were looking at us through the rearview mirror.

"Oh, hey, Charles. Good to see you again," I said with a smile. I was instantly plagued with the memory of him telling me that Dominic threated to hurt him if anything happened to me on the way to the event that night. Things were simpler, easier before that night.

"Hello, Ms. Carlyle. You as well. You look lovely today."

"Charles," Dominic growled and I squeezed his knee to calm him down. There was no use in him getting worked up over a simple compliment. Besides, he had no right to be upset.

"Sorry, Sir. Where to?" He brought his eyes back to the windshield.

"Positions," Dominic said in a gruff voice, clearly still upset that anyone other than himself looked at me and liked what they saw.

"Yes, Sir."

Dominic rolled the divider up and we were alone. I tried not to cringe as I felt the car pull away from the curb, causing me to slide in my seat, effectively rubbing my sore and tender bottom against my dress.

"What's 'Positions'," I asked as I looked at him hoping that he hadn't seen the face I made as we hit a small bump.

"It's a club for people like us," he stated in a low voice.

"A...," I couldn't bring myself to even say it.

"A BDSM club? Yes, Genevieve," he smirked and his words sent shivers through my body.

"I thought we were just going to get a drink," I whispered. If I went to a ...a club with him like that there was no telling where I would find myself tonight.

Would he try anything? Most definitely. I was so stupid to not even have asked where we were going. Leave it to Dominic Blackstone to bring me to a sex club rather than a regular bar for a fucking drink.

"We are. I promised you one drink and we'll have one. I promised not to touch you unless you wanted me to and I won't. Consider me a changed man, Genevieve. Just for you. You said you wanted someone sweet and gentle...I can be that for you. You said you wanted someone to get to know you...I can do that for you. I want to do that for you because I want you."

Why was I still feeling like a mistress then? Oh, because he still has a pregnant girlfriend, that's why.

"Were you even going to leave her?" I suddenly asked. I couldn't help it. I couldn't take any more of his lies or his omissions from the truth.

I needed him to lay himself bare as I had time and time again and if it happened in this car then so be it.

"I'm still going to, Genevieve," he said quietly, his eyes pleading with me to believe.

I leaned my elbows against my knees as I rubbed my face before turning back to him, "Can you stop lying for once, please? Can you just tell me the fucking truth? Tell me why you keep waiting to leave her then if you say you're going to. What the fuck are you waiting for? Tell me why you feel Preston is so fucking bad for me. Tell me what you want from me because right now from you, I want the truth."

"You want the truth," he asked as his face hardened and I've come to find out that when a Blackstones face hardens, you know you've fucked up.

"Yes, Dominic! That's all I've wanted these past few days!"

The words that left his mouth shocked my whole system.

"What," I whispered and felt tears sting my eyes.