Part 74

*Dominics POV*

Two hours. They've been here for two hours rummaging around her apartment looking for any clues and finding nothing.

They've asked countless questions, wanted my undivided attention, but I was getting fed up quickly.

"Let's go over this one more time, Mr. Blackstone. So, you were indeed having an affair with Ms. Carlyle while in a relationship with, uh," he flipped a few pages in his notepad, "Ms. Jasmine Greenwood?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out an exasperated sigh, "For the 14th time tonight, yes. Okay? I was fucking her on the side. It was an unhappy relationship and Genevieve...she," I sighed, "She turned on the fücking Sun for me."

I hadn't realized I'd been in the dark for so long before I met her. I was stuck in a fucking routine, a never-ending nightmare of work and Jasmine and work and Jasmine and work, etc. But, Genevieve...added light, added warmth, added much-needed life I hadn't known I was missing.

He smiled slightly but continued jotting things down on his notepad.

The young cop, probably fresh out of the fücking academy, was stuck questioning me on my whereabouts, the days leading up to today and then all of today.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I don't mean to offend you, please don't take it that way. I just need to get a list who could be a potential suspect and who couldn't. Did Ms. Greenwood ever find out about Ms. Carlyle?"

I snorted and pushed a hand through my hair, "Yeah, she found out."

He took a deep breath, "Okay...and what was her reaction?"

I looked up at his baby face, I bet he could barely even grow facial hair. Why had they stuck me with the rookie, of all cops here.

"She was having an affair, as well. She was pissed, but not pissed enough to leave on her own," I sighed.

"On her own? And do you know who she was having the affair with," he looked at me expectantly.

"Uh, she was crazy, faked pregnancy just to make me stay and then threatened to abuse herself and say I did it. So, Genevieve... spoke with her and asked her to leave quietly."

He hummed questioningly, "Uh huh... Are you sure all she did was speak with her?"

I thought back to Genevieve getting rid of the elevator footage. I knew I could get caught for 'obstruction of justice' but did it matter if she punched Jasmine in the face or not? Was that important to the case?

"Yeah," I sighed, "just spoke."

He nodded, not fully believing me I could see, "And the man Ms. Greenwood was having the affair with?"

Oh, what the fück was his name? At the moment I could give a shit less who she was sleeping with.

"David something? I don't know, you could ask my PI, though. Look, man, have they found anything worth a damn?"

I was ready to get my own team of forensic analysis' in here to dust the whole fucking apartment. Every piece of glass because maybe it made contact with one of them, the doorknobs because maybe they were fucking idiots, one could only hope, and didn't wear gloves, the floor for any dirt particles that could be traced to some specific type of soil that only they were around. Some real 'detective tv show' type shit was what I was wanting.

Hell, just anything to kick start this.

Everyone knows that the first 48 hours are the most important in an abduction case and we were about two hours and 15 minutes in and baby faced rookie cop over here is asking about David whatever-the-fück-his-name-is.