Part 77

*Genevieves' POV*

"Wakey wakey," I heard someone announce loudly as they slammed the door against the wall.

I opened my eyes and winced at the slight headache I had.

What the hell?

I focused my eyes for a moment, finding a pair of green ones staring at me from by the door.

"Where am I?"

My throat was dry and my voice was raspy as I sat up, "Where's Dominic?"

I suddenly remembered what happened before I blacked out.

*I pushed my apartment door open and took a few steps in before feeling a hand come down on my shoulder. I hadn't noticed that I dropped the phone, as I sprinted out of the firm grasp and into the living room.

I turned around and saw a woman stalking towards me with a smirk playing at the edges of her lips. This was a game to her but I had no intentions of being the mouse.

I looked around for anything that I could use and when my eyes found the vase on the table I hurled it at her as hard as humanly possible and watched as it broke against the left side of her upper body before the pieces fell to the floor.

I cursed at how it was even possible though she was quite stocky. Maybe it was just the fact that it was a cheap vase but still. My heart was pounding as I watched a man step out of my bedroom. I was outnumbered and stupid enough not to have listened to Dominics instructions.

"Please," I pleaded, "Take whatever you want. I won't put up any more of a fight. I have cash in my sock draw--"

I felt a pair of arms go around my waist and I threw my elbow back and up and felt it connect with the persons' neck, but when I went to turn around to see who it was everything went black.*

I looked up at the woman now and cowered against the wall, "Who are you? Why am I here?"

Taking a deep breath, I yelled out, "Help me! HELP!"

I looked around for anything that I could use to get away from her, to maybe disable her, but found that my ankle was restrained with a short chain to the metal bedpost.

There was nothing but a metal bed with a thin mattress in this concrete room. Not even a window.

She smirked, "Scream all you want, love, but no one can hear you. No one's coming to find you. Don't worry, though, I was given specific instructions to not hurt you--yet, anyway."

I sighed in temporary relief. At least I was okay for now.

"Dominic is coming to find me," I stated in a low voice. I knew he was.

Why hadn't I just listened to him? Why hadn't I gone back down and waited for him?

"Maybe, but he won't be able to find you. We are very good at what we do."

I slated my eyes, "Kidnapping people?"

The smirk never faltered as she nodded, "Women, girls, mostly."

I felt nauseous, "Like..." I couldn't push the words out. I was terrified. This was something I had only heard about on the news.

"Like, we take women, girls, from their families, houses, stores, parking lots, dark streets, and we sell them to the highest bidder."

My stomach turned. I was definitely going to be sick.

I quickly leaned over the mattress and dislodged the contents of my stomach all over the concrete floor. I had tears streaming down my face now but swiped them away.

I had the get the fuck out of here. There was no way I'd let myself become another missing girl on the news.

"What do you want with me? Who told you not to hurt me," I familiarized myself with her features now, just in case I was able to get free. I needed to remember everything about her.

She had light freckles dusting her nose and cheeks. Her nose was straight, but small at the end. She had a small mole above and to the right of her thin lips and she had a cleft chin. Along with her stocky build, she was taller than me but shorter than Dominic, somewhere in the middle.

She obviously thought I would never get to see the light of day again if she was showing me her face.

She smirked, "We want to get our money for you." She was deflecting my second question, but I let it slide for now.

I felt my brows furrow, "Money? I can get you money if that's what you're after."

She laughed, "You have two million just lying around?"

Shit, who would pay two million dollars for me?

'Preston.'

Maybe, but he wouldn't have me kidnapped, would he? Was he really that crazy? I mean, I didn't know him that well, but I was pretty sure he wouldn't.

"Who's paying you," I tried again.

"Ah ah ah, Princess. That's for me to know and for you to find out."

"What are you waiting for then," I asked as I glared at her.

"For the money to hit our bank account. He knows we have you, now we're just waiting for the transfer."

He? Who is 'he'?

She pulled my phone out of her back pocket and started playing on it before putting it to her ear.

"Who are you calling," I yelled as I tried to get up from the bed but was reminded that I was chained down.

One of the men from last night walked in and came straight for me. My eyes widened and I cowered against the wall again, but he grabbed the hair at the top of my head and hauled me forward. I let out a yelp of pain as more tears fell from my eyes.

"Ple--"

He clamped his hand over my mouth and his eyes bore into mine, "Keep quiet, slut," he growled.

"Oh, you want to speak with her," I saw the woman smirk and stretch the phone out.

The man let go of my mouth and I took the opportunity, "Dominic!"

She hadn't put the phone on speaker, but I knew it was him. The large brute beside me pulled my hair, even more, causing me to yelp and more tears to fall, "Please, help me, Dominic," I sobbed out.

She pulled the phone back to her ear and continued talking as a second man walked through the open door.

I tried to get out of the first mans' hold, my eyes trained to the one walking over, but his grip tightened, "No, please! Stay away from me!"

The hand clamped over my mouth again and the man who just walked in had a sadistic look in his eye that made me shudder. He was looking at me like I was...food, like I was prey and he was hungry and I felt bile try to force its way up my throat again.

The woman slammed my phone down on the concrete and smashed the heel of her boot against it, effectively rendering it useless.

"It's time to go, boys," she huffed out in annoyance and the man who just walked in pulled a small rag and bottle from his back pockets.

"Just to ensure you can't try anything stupid," the man with his fingers tangled in the hair at the top of my head chuckled.

I saw the man unscrew the lid and then pour the liquid onto the center of the rag before handing it to the man restraining me.

He took his hand from my mouth, "No, please! I won't try anyth--"

The rag was forced against my mouth and nose and I started hyperventilating. I knew it had to be chloroform from all the movies I had watched, and I knew it worked by the victim breathing it in, but my brain was telling me that I was running out of oxygen and that I needed more.

I saw the edges of my vision grow hazy and felt my muscles grow weaker as my lungs tried to pull in more air.

"That's it," the man holding the rag whispered huskily into my ear.

I whimpered once, but everything, again, went black.