Part 81

*Genevieves' POV*

"Genevieve?"

I opened my eyes to the darkness and for a moment I thought I was dreaming.

"Princess," he whispered as he bent down. The only light came from the door that was opened at the top of the stairs across the large basement.

I sat up slowly and stared at the dark figure next to the small cot I was tied to, "Dominic?"

"It's me, baby," he confirmed and even in a whisper, his deep baritone voice was like a sweet melody as it caressed my ears.

I threw my hands around his neck, "Thank God you found me," I exclaimed as I blinked out a few tears.

He wrapped his arms around my back and squeezed, "I will always find you. No matter where you are, no matter who or what forces try to take you away from me, I will always find you."

"I love you," I whispered into his neck and I never wanted to let go.

I took a deep breath and from his smell alone I could cry happy tears. I brought my hands into his hair and scratched his scalp lightly like I knew he liked.

"I love you more, Genevieve," he pulled back and took my face in his hands, "You have no idea how much of a mess I've been since you were taken. I didn't know if we would find you for a second there."

I sobbed out a laugh, "We?"

"My family," he nodded and kissed me, but I pulled away and wiped my tears.

He frowned and his brows knit together. Sadness plagued his features as he waited for an explanation.

"I haven't brushed my teeth in two days, Dominic," I whispered.

I hadn't been able to shower either so I knew I looked a mess. I was ashamed that as usual, he looked like a God in his dark suit, his short hair styled perfectly from what I could make of it, and his breath a warm spearmint-- while I looked unkempt.

He shook his head, "I don't care, Princess. I've missed you so fucking much."

He crashed his lips to mine and I felt a wetness on my cheeks that didn't belong to me. He pulled away but leaned his forehead against mine as he let out a shaky breath, "I was so fucking worried, Genevieve, fuck."

I pulled his lips to mine, "I was too. I was worried I would never see you again."

He was still trying to control his breathing as he swiped at his cheeks, "It's okay because it's over now. I'm here and I'm taking you home."

He leaned to the side for a moment before bringing something up to the dim light and opening it. With what I now knew was a small pocket knife, he cut the rope that tethered me to the bed and pulled me up so that my legs were around his waist.

"Close your eyes," he whispered gently as we made our way up the stairs.

"Why?"

He took a deep breath, "Please, listen to me, Princess. Close your eyes and keep them closed until I tell you to open them. Understand?"

I nodded and shut my eyes. I would listen to everything he asked of me from now on, as I knew the last time I didn't...

The smell of iron and...pee...was heavy in the air, but I did as I was told and squeezed my eyes shut.

I tried to focus on the man I was clung to: His shoulders broad, his arms strong as he held me up, his hands supportive under my thighs.

I kissed his neck and brought my hand into the hairs at the nape of his neck. He smelled like home and so like himself that I wanted to live in the scent.