Chapter 8

Rachel was glad that Mike knew when she just needed peace and quiet. She had always loved the pur of an engine and the smooth road. It had always made her feel powerful in a way, to be in control of the shifting gears and speed. Yeah Mike definitely had went up to being her best friend when he never talked during driving. Making a sharp right turn she pulled onto her street. While many of the glee members had been to her house, it really wasn't. She let them think that but in reality that was her old house that she owned. Of course her dads paid for it but they put it in her name. This all happened when she turned 18. She kept it for emergencies or in some cases just for the glee club when they needed her "house". She had only ever let Mike in to her fold so he knew where she really laid her head at night. Which is why he wasn't surprised that the street she turned on was one of the richest neighborhoods of Lima, Ohio.

Pulling into the garage of her three story house Rachel ran he hands through her hair and just switched the car off. Mike grabbed his bag from the back and went into the house.

Mike understood that Rachel sometimes needed a moment to herself. He took out the spare key Rach had given him and unlocked the house. He dumped his stuff upstairs in "his" room. He knew that at times he basically lived at Rachel's, but she didn't mind neither did his mother. It wasn't that his mom didn't care it was just that she was a nurse and rarely had time for herself and her son. Ms.Chang knew all about Rachel's situation and actually felt better with her son being with her as a sort of protection. In turn her son would be fed and have companionship. Although she knew now that Rachel and Mike were the closest to brother and sister anyone could ever get. They actually every once in a while had a family dinner so yeah his mom didn't mind at all.

Meanwhile Rachel was thinking about two certain cheerios. Rachel had always known she was bisexual from the very beginning but she just couldn't find a girl who liked her and vice versa. Now that doesn't mean she has never had a straying eye or been attracted to specific girls. Rachel had always known that Brittany and Santana were more than friends. She also knew that while many thought Santana runs their relationship that wasn't true. She had always observed them and found their relationship fascinating, so that is why she knew for a fact that Brittany was in control and sometimes Santana took the reigns because she was so stubborn. Like bullying is all Santana, but when Artie and Brittany had that short relationship. She could see the devilish look in Brittany's eyes. She also knew that Brittany convinced Santana finally to come out about their relationship. Her satisfied smirk said it all. While Santana was no dummy she knew too who was in charge. From that point on Rachel watched them much more closely. Overtime she developed a crush and anything having to do with them caught her attention. What many didn't know besides Mike was that Rachel needed to be in control even in her relationships and further when talking of sex. With that comes a fierce protectiveness of what she deems hers. While Brittany and Santana are just now becoming invested in her. Rachel was way past that.

Rachel had done things for them that they don't know about. She had broken a guys nose and dislocated his jaw after making a homophobic comment when the two cheerios passed by. He didn't come to school anymore after that and there was so much more. Rachel's therapist says the need for control and possessiveness comes from the years of bullying and while that may be part of it she just thinks that it is just a natural part of herself. No matter what she tried to keep it all in because quite frankly she scared herself with it sometimes. Mike helped her out in different ways to deal with it. He suffered from the same thing but he had a outlet through Tina and the fight club.

Anyway she just knew a storm was coming. she just hoped she was in the eye. Shaking her thoughts away she jumped out of the car and got ready to party.