29.

It had been a few days since they had got back.

'We're going to have to go to Hercules again.' 

Lisa was lying on her side, facing Achilles. He looked troubled, his grey eyes were faraway in thought.

'I know.' She replied. 'Adam said he can can help us get in.'

'I know.' He sighed, that's not what I think the problem is going to be.'

'What do you think it is?'

'Just what you were saying the other night - about killing. I don't know if that's going to solve our problem.'

'Achilles, I wasn't trying to disagree with you, I think Alma Stack has it coming.'

He turned on to his back and started at the ceiling.

'It's not that. I am going to be personally responsible for the end of that woman. What I mean is that, no matter where we go, similar things are going to happen. This is a cultural problem.'

'How do we change that though?'

'We need to show everyone what's happening.'

'How are we going to do that? Alma Stack is hardly going to confess for us.' 

We don't need a confession. We just need proof.'

'We could bring a camera, film whatever happens I guess?'

'That's all we need, but we're going to have to get close enough to everything that's happening.'

'I'm sure that can be arranged.'

'Who's going to come though? You, I and Adam?'

'I have a feeling that Aster and my father are going to want to come, but honestly, I don't think we should risk it. Alison will probably want to help too?'

'Definitely.' 

'We could just leave without them, prevent casualties?' 

'I don't think your family is ever going to get used to you sneaking out of this house, are they?'

'I guess not.'

It was early morning, and they were sure no one has woken up yet. The two of them got dressed silently and tried to escape downstairs. Adam had been sleeping on the couch, and he was still there. 

'Come on, get up.' Achilles whispered, shoving him.

Adam opened his eyes slowly. 'Good morning to you too Achilles.'

'We're going this morning.'

Adam sat up. 'Just the three of us?'

'Ye-'

'No, not a chance.' 

Achilles and Lisa turned around to see Aster and Alison standing on the stairs. Aster had his arms crossed and Alison has her eyebrows raised. 

'Hell, you two are rubbing off on each other not wanting to take help from anyone.' Aster remarked. 'If the two of you go by yourselves, you'll get each other killed.'

'I don't want anymore people hurt than necessary.' Achilles.

'That's a stupid philosophy. Strength in numbers.'

Later that morning, much to Lisa's and Achilles's annoyance, they were all seated around the kitchen table, planning what was going to happen.