Chapter 16 - Changing the Past

"Ahhhhhhhhh!" I scream as I plummet towards the ground.

"Oof," I groan as I land.

"Y/n!" I hear multiple people exclaim. "How did you get here?"

"Tea!" I say as I push myself off the ground. Cole offers me his hand, and helps me up once I take it.

"Where are we?" I ask, looking around. "Or should I say, when are we?"

"We're at the monastery. We followed Nya, Sensei and Kai here, but now we don't know what to do," Jay explains.

"How is Lloyd doing?" Zane asks.

"Uh..."

"Not good, I'm guessing," Cole finishes. I nod.

"I don't understand what's happening," Jay says, watching as Nya and Kai train. "He's not even trying to become a ninja."

"At the rate things are going, I'd say Nya will become the master of fire," Cole observes, taking note of her motivation.

"Well, that's not going to happen. Because she has a date with some skeletons," I say.

"What?!?" Jay cries, misinterpreting what I meant. "What are you suggesting?"

"The only reason Kai trained to become a ninja was to get Nya back from the Skulkin," I explain. "But Garmadon from the present prevented her capture, and messed up the story line."

"Then we must capture Nya ourselves and deliver her to the Skulkin," Zane says. I'm glad someone understands what's happening.

"No! Not my precious Nya!"

"She'll be fine, Jay. Kai will get her back," I promise. "Also, watch it with the possessive language."

Cole smirks. "He can't help that he's a simp."

And with that being said, everyone listens in on the plan I start explaining.

..

"Help! Release me, skeletons!"

"Sorry Nya!" Jay says to the sack he's carrying her in.

"How do you know my name?!"

Everyone stiffens. I turn around and give Jay a what is wrong with you? death glare, but all I get as a response is a shrug.

We climb over the roof top, until we hear someone coming to stop us.

"Hey! Let my sister go!"

"Crap," I mutter, suddenly remembering something from the show. "Future Kai was supposed to distract him."

"What do we do?" Zane asks, getting into a ready stance.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of him," I say, putting on my skeleton mask.

I jump down off the roof, landing on top of Kai. I pin him down hard, and no matter how hard he struggles, he can't get up. I guess I'm heavier than I look.

I check my other teammates to make sure they've escaped with Nya, and I see they've gotten far enough away.

"Bye, bruh!" I say to Kai, then run to join them.

"Nya!" Kai shouts, as I hop up to the roof. I resist the urge to apologize to him.

...

After dropping Nya off to the Skulkin, we head off into the forest to make a temporary home.

"How long do you reckon we'll be here?" Zane asks while trying to make a fire.

"About a month," I answer. "Unless we come up with a different plan."