Chapter 3

Peter's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning with severe aches all around my body, especially on my stomach and my face. I got up and checked the time on my (insert whatever old phone you like) phone, it read 5:46am, thursday. Well, I guess it's time to wake the other kids up.

At 'Happy Hills Orphanage' the kids had to take care of themeselves, those psycho-owners didn't give a damn about any of the poor children here, just saw them as punching bags. Especially me. I am probably their 'favorite'. Though, at least they cared enough to keep the place clean and give us food. If it looked old and dirty no one would want to adopt a child from here. Only problem. The ones cleaning this whole orphanage were the kids. But at least we were lucky enough to have 1-3 kids adopted every month. Just last week, a little 7 year old girl named Maya was adopted by a lovley couple.

Even though it's nice seeing the younger kids get nice homes, I always got a bit jealous. I mean, no one wants a teenager, especially not a teenager that looks like he gets into fights a lot, even though that teenager was just trying to protect the other kids but got beat up for it. Yeah... No one wants that.

I try to stand up, but a bigger surge of pain washes over me and I fall to the floor like the pathetic idiot I am. 'Shit'. Ok Peter, just... just try again. 2nd times a charm, right?

And I guess it is, because it worked, though, I felt a little light headed. I start making my way around the room, waking up the other boys. They all looked at me in horror when they see my bruised face.

"Shit Peter! You can't keep doing this!" Max whisper-yells at me.

"It's okay, I'm fine, don't worry about it! Now go and wake the others up, alright?" I say with a stern voice.

They all look at each other, nod and start making their way out of the room leaving me alone standing by the door. I go back to my 'bed' and grab my backpack, pack it with all my school things, plus my suit, which is laying at the bottom of the bag. I change into a blue hoodie with a black t-shirt under and a pair of black jeans. With that, I make my way out of the room and down to the kitchen where a bunch of kids are already sitting.

A girl named Allie, who was just a year younger than me and another girl named Peggy, who was 16, had already started with breakfast. It was usually me, Allie, Max, Eli or Peggy that would make the food for the younger kids. I am very thankful to my Aunt, who taught me how to cook before she passed away.

When I first came to this orphanage when I was 11, after my Aunt May passed away in a terrible house fire, which I was also in, no one really knew how to make food, well except for like the 17 year olds. But they had to leave as soon as they all turned 18. Of course, Peggy was still there, but she couldn't cook food to around 20 kids alone, so I started to help her. Peggy and I taught some of the older kids, like Max, Allie and Eli to make food if we weren't there.

After breakfast, the time was 6:45am and we knew we had to leave before 7am because that's the time the psychos woke up and would go down to get breakfast. There have been some times when we didn't make it out on time. The psychos would beat me up a little, while the older kids would  leave the younger kids on their busses to school. I would always be a bit late if I got beat up in the morning.

Making our way out of the orphanage, we went straight to the bus stops for the younger kids. After saying good bye to them, we older kids went our seperate ways to different schools, or, well, me. I went to a different high school than the others. Though, the only downside to that was that my school was farther away, which meant I had to take the subway, then walk a couple minutes.

As I entered the subway I checked the time, '7:39am', I started at 8:10am, so I had some time. Wanting to waste that time, I plucked in my headphones and started listening to music. 20 minutes later I was at my stop and hurried off to the school making it 3 minutes until the bell rang. Hurrying to my locker, I quickly got my stuff and started walking to my first class. No one commented on my bruised face, nor did they care, they were all used to see 'Poor, Orphan Peter Parker' all bruised up. No questions asked.