The Royal Blacksmiths

season 1, episode 9

Words: 4K

Warnings: Someone's gonna sing a song from Disney's Aladdin  because I think it fits, if you don't, please keep that opinion to yourself.

"They got the first one, but there are three more, and we just need one to stop Pythor. They have a map, and we don't, so they question remains: how are we gonna find them first?" Nya said and showed the ninja a Fangblade hologram.

"I still can't get over the fact that you were the mysterious Samurai. Is anyone else blown away like I am?" Jay said dreamingly.

"We're over that. Can we move on?" Kai groaned and Jay spoke Gibberish. "Someone's a little hot under the collar."

"It appears his impatience is because he has not found inner peace and unlocked his true potential like Y/n, you and I have, Jay." Zane said.

"Great observation, Mr. Roboto, but Cole hasn't found it either." Kai grunted and Y/n rolled her eyes.

"I got it!" Cole exclaimed.

"You've unlocked it? Oh, why am I the only one!?" kai said exaggerated.

"No, I figured out where I recognized the Fangblade from. I have a picture of it." Cole said and went to get the picture.

"Oh, haha, is that it? Heh. Good." Kai sighed in relief.

Cole came back with a picture album and showed them a picture of a fangblade on a trophy.

Jay snatched the book out of Cole's grasp. "That's it!" He exclaimed.

"Back when I grew up, there's this pretty big competition where every year the winner gets the Blade Cup. My dad won it multiple times." Cole said proudly.

"You never told us your dad was an accomplished athlete. What sport?" Zane asked curiously.

"Oh, h-he's a, uh...a blacksmith." Cole stuttered.

"Nothing wrong with that. My father was a blacksmith, too. But I've never heard of a competition-" Kai said but got cut off.

"That's because he's not a "blacksmith" blacksmith. He's a.... Royal Blacksmith..." Cole turned the page to show them his dad, they all snicker and Cole blushed in embarrasment.

"That's your dad?" Jay asked in suprise and Y/n punched him slightly.

"But how did the Fangblade become a trophy?" She asked.

"Well, supposedly, the Blade Cup was made by this guy who collected priceless artifacts. His name was something like, uh, Dutch...no, Clutch. Clutch Powers! Anyway, it gets passed on to each year's winner."

"Who has it now?" Zane asked.

"I don't know. I haven't talked to my father in years." Cole said sadly and Y/n puts her hand on his shoulder.

"Well then, we'll call him up." Kai said casually.

"You can't! He thinks I'm in Ninjago city training at the marty oppenheimer school of performing arts." Cole groaned. "He wanted me to follow in his footsteps. But when I couldn't sing or dance, well I...I ran away. When he sees I can't dance, he'll know I've been lying in all the letters I've been sending him."

"The Marty Oppenheimer school of performing arts? Ha, I actually thought about going there. Once." Y/n laughed and the rest stared at her in shock. "I was kidding guys, I don't dance or sing. Neither I do both."

"You got me scared for a second Y/n!" Jay shouted and Y/n laughed harder, followed by the rest except Jay. 

"Back to Cole, your father doesn't know you're a Ninja?" Zane asked.