52

♥️

The next days were spent in bliss as we jet skied along the coastline and ate local food from the seafood market, it was delicious and absolutely perfect. All I wanted was a nice, normal date with Aiden and look at what he's done for me, how did I get so lucky?

All the negatives aside, my life has changed for the better since he's come into my life. I was a shell, a naive girl who didn't know herself. I'm still learning, but he's taught me my worth and showed me confidence.

He's brought back my drive to follow my passions. Yes, he's protective. Yes, he's possessive of me but that's what I need and want in a man. Especially someone as powerful as him, as sweet as him, as sexy as him.

We walk down the busy streets of Brazil where locals have booths set up along the cobblestone streets.

While hand in hand with Aiden I stumble on one of the smooth but protruding rocks on the ground, at the same moment a girl bumps into me. Aiden is on alert as he peers over me and the girl on the ground, our legs tangled as we collect ourselves from the fall.

She apologizes profusely and I shake my head, laughing at our equal clumsiness. "It's totally fine!" I tell her, thankful she speaks english because I don't speak a lick of portuguese.

Thankfully, Aiden's stiff body relaxes and he laughs too. As the couples walk away, I hear her boyfriend laugh as he guides her through the crowded pathway. "Scar, be careful!" He jokes as he helps adjust her dress.

On one of the colorful booths I spot a yellow dress, you can tell it was handstitched and made with talented hands. Aiden sees my admiring gaze and asks the woman at the counter for one in my size.

I want to argue with him about spending more money on me but as he looks at the dress himself he whispers "That would look fucking amazing on you. His fingers graze my bare shoulders and even in the hot Brazilian sun chills rake my body.

After the market we headed to a zipline park, I was actually terrified once we were above the tall trees of the Amazon Rainforest. On the way there I was confident but then, standing at the edge as a man buckled me into a harness I began to get nervous.

The man buckled the harness tight. In a possessive manner, Aiden stepped up and double-checked his work. When Harold came around and checked it a third time I rolled my eyes. "Guys! I'm not going to fly out." I joke and Aiden crosses his arms in warning. Then, he smiles when the man releases the rope and I scream while racing above the treetops going way too fast.

I've never experienced anything like it. After I quit screaming I was able to enjoy the view. The lush forest beneath me, the sounds of animals below that I couldn't distinguish. The skyline that dominated everything. It was unreal.

Ashley was next, I met her on the platform. Her normally perfect hair was a tangled mess, I warned her to tie it up but she didn't want to mess up her curls.

While waiting for the guys I braided it for her. Aiden and Ricky were full of adrenaline after the zip line. I couldn't blame them, it was exhilarating but I was exhausted and hungry from such a long day of fun, Ash was too. We begged them for something to eat.

It was an amazing thing to see Aiden - who is normally so high strung - relax and enjoy himself.

****

Back at the beach house, we lay under the stars on the outdoor bed. A perfect breeze rolling through.

As I look at Aiden's face, perfect and structured, illuminated by the brazilin moon my heart pounds inside my chest. I've never felt this way about anyone.

I know I told Ian I loved him but I had no fucking idea what I was talking about.

I didn't understand the gravity of the words then, but now I do.

I've wanted to tell him this entire trip but I kept chickening out.

I know all too well how short life is, what if something happens to one of us?

I would regret every day not telling him how I felt.

How could I live with myself if he didn't know?

I take a deep breath, hoping the steal some of the confidence he always has.

♥️