A Surprise Offer

(2 Days After The Sports Festival)

Midoriya was on his regular morning train, headed to U.A, fully rested and ready to head back to school. Well, he would be, if he hadn't spent the hours of 9 a.m yesterday to 1 a.m today talking with Yaoyorozu on the phone.

Izuku has never been a so called, "tech addict". He really only used his phone for hero news, music and videos, and the occasional call to his mom or All Might. Before U.A, he had never really had any friends to text.

He can, and has spent plenty of time without it before. But, now that he had gotten a taste of what it was like to speak with a friend all day, his phone was essentially glued to his hand. 

Talking with Yaoyorozu was actually really nice. Being socially inept wasn't really even a problem. He didn't have to think of a response or right way to say something at any time. She was full of topics, so the burden of trying to find a way to continue the conversation was lifted off his shoulders. 

He had learned a decent chunk about her. He had learned about her first time using her quirk and how she practiced by making Russian nesting dolls, her love for illustrated encyclopedias, her birthday, her piano and other musical skills and more.

Apparently after hanging around Jirou she actually picked up an affinity for Rock, and she found a new favorite band that was centuries old. She said that the band "perfectly fuses great piano work, operatics, and rock". 

She seemed pretty enthusiastic about it. They were called ' Queen' or something like that. He'd have to look into it later.

Midoriya kept his own personal information at surface level. His love for heroes, his birthday, and so on.  He might've had that talk with his mom, but he definitely wasn't ready to dig deep into his past with anyone just yet.

He had only really known her for a few days. Uraraka and Iida didn't even known anything. Speaking of whom…

" Pro Hero: Ingenium still hospitalized after being assaulted by the Hero Killer known as Stain. Stain's whereabouts are still unknown, and heroes have been dispatched to his last known location of Hosu City. Which is the site of the attack. Soon, we will…"

Midoriya stopped reading his phone after that. He still hadn't heard back from Iida since the Sports Festival. Hopefully his little get together plan would work out. Iida needs friends by his side right now.

"Psssst, hey kid."

Midoriya looked up from his phone to see a businessman trying to get his attention.

"I knew it! You're Midoriya, one of the kids who won the Sports Festival. You were awesome!"

Midoriya blushed, "Oh! Uh, thank y-"

"Wait, Midoriya?"

"Oh yeah it is him!" 

"So cool! Can I get a picture!?"

"My daughter loved you!"

"He's shorter than I thought."

"Your arms okay?"

"That's one powerful quirk you got!"

"You broke that loud kid's hands! Epic!"

Ignoring that questionable comment from that last guy, Midoriya was in shock at how many people recognized him. People thought he was...cool. He would be ecstatic right now if it wasn't for his lack of social skills making him essentially shut down from all this attention.