Ch. 8

Kason POV

I dismissed training and walked towards the packhouse. I smell a sweet scent but push it back remembering my mate lives like an hour away from me so of course I would still smell her scent. I sigh and walk in the kitchen grabbing a water bottle. I roll my eyes as I see freshmen highschool females stare seductively at me. All of a sudden I my mates scent hit me strong. My eyes darted towards where she was standing and I see four kids in her arms. You can visibly see her staring at me but I hold back the smile that so badly wanted to spread against my face. She stops staring and looks at me in my eyes. "Hi...Kason." She says in a bored tone. I am so busy staring at the kids in her arms that I don't realize she's now right across from me on the other side of the bar.

"What's their names?" I ask lookin up at her noticing how her hair got longer her eye color looks like it's got lighter and how she is still the exact same height she was 4 years ago. "I'm babysitting." She says quickly.

"Mommy I'm still hungwy" one of the little boys say.

I raise a eyebrow at her and she hushes the boy. "I'm babysitting kids that call me mommy." She stumbles.

"I'm not stupid Nevaeh those kids look just like you." I say straightening my stance. She gulps and sighs. "This one is Caden, here's Aiden, Damien, and this is Jaylyn." She says setting them down. I can no longer see them due to her being on the other side of the bar. They walk around the bar and look up at me.

"You're scary." Jaylyn says looking up at me. "

Who awe you?" Caden asks looking up at me. "My name is Kason. And uh...I'm your dad?" I say questioning myself at the end. I'm terrible at this sentimental stuff.

"No. Me have no dada." Caden say pouting at hisself I look up at Nevaeh to see her just watching us. I squat down and stare Caden in the eyes trying to figure him out. He stares back with the same intensity almost as if he's challenging my wolf.

He's.....interesting. My wolf says sitting down with his head tilted. I think his name is Aiden walks up to us and stares at me but the difference is he is challenging me. I stare at him with same intensity and he's smirks. "You ok." He says smiling. Damien rolls his eyes and walks beside Nevaeh. "Kids this is your dad. He was just not around that's all." She says unlatching Damien from around her leg.

"He's a dad?"
"Is that his mate?"
"Isn't that Nevaeh?"
"When did they happen?"
"No wonder he hasn't talked to any females lately. She has him tied around her finger."
"How dare she take my man." I look around and glare at the female that said the last sentence. She instantly submits and steps back.

"Mommyyyyy IM STILL HUNGWYYY!" Caden yells stumping his foot. She rolls her eyes and pass him a banana. I stand up and look at Nevaeh.

"We need to talk." I say. She looks taken back and then frowns.

"No we don't." She says looking me up and down.

"Yes we do." I say with a stone face.

"No we don't. I have nothing to talk about with you."

I walk over to her in wolf speed and right behind her I whisper in her ear, "Let's not make a scene now you and I both know we have a lot to talk about. Let's be lucky my mom raised me to be a gentleman." Her face turns red in anger and she frowns.

"Fine." She spits out. We walk to my office and she stands by the door. "What do you want Kason?" She asks looking around. "What I want is to know why the hell my kids were taken away from me."'I ask. She looks at me and laughs.

"You weren't ready to commit remember so why would I think you were ready to be a father to four?" She says getting serious again.

"I said I wasn't ready to be faithful. Never once did I say I wouldn't take care of my kids if I had any." I growl. I really don't want to be so mean towards my mate but this is not the time.

"Look my father is in critical condition in the hospital right now. So the last thing I need is my mate jumping on me." She growls. Her growl could put any man at his knees but I'm holding back my emotions.

"Nevaeh...I lost the right to see my kids open their eyes for the first time, take their first step, eat their first real meal, say their first word, I didn't even gets to help buy them clothes, I don't even know their names by heart, what their favorite colors are I know absolutely nothing about them. And you have the audacity to tell me I'm in the wrong right now." I say letting my emotion run through my voice.

She looks up at me with a pissed off expression. "How was I suppose know you wouldn't ask me to kill them or reject them? You told me you weren't ready to be tied down. You know what kids do to you. They tie you down. You signed yourself up for this. You broke me when I didn't even want a mate at first so how was I suppose know you wouldn't break my kids too" She lectures letting tears slide down her face. I step forward and I want so badly to hug her and tell her it's ok but in reality it's not.

"The kids stay here." I say. She gasps and looks terrified.

"No they come back home with me. I'm their mother you can't take them away from me." She says stepping forwards basically begging me.

"I'm not taking them away from you. I would never take a child from it's mother. You took them from me without me having a say in it. So the kids stay here or we can take this to the council. Nevaeh I hate to see you like this but you brought this on yourself." I say walking pass her as I hear her cry. I almost ran back and picked her up hugging her tight. But I'm done with people running over me. She took every right I had from my kids so the least I should have is to live in the same house as them.

No matter how many times I forgive her. She took away me having a experience with my first kids. I didn't even know I had four until not too long ago.

I shift into my wolf and run out the pack house. I hear her howl out of sadness and I fall down. I never imagined this being how I reunite with my mate.