thirteen.

❐❐❐❖❏❏❏
•| ⊱✿⊰ |•

"who are you?"

todoroki was facing an unknown male who seemed to be holding the dekusquad's order, eyes narrowing at him in question.

the guy cleared his throat a bit uncomfortably, his hand shooting up to scratch the back of his neck, "oh i-..just the delivery guy, of course..."

todoroki nodded slowly and blinked, "right." he said. "of course you are."

"l/n!" midoriya called, rushing to the door, only to pause, "er- eh... not l/n?" he leaned over to the peppermint boy, whispering cautiously, "is he gonna poison us?"

"ah, l/n actually got promoted to... well, a different position."

"oh... okay."

well, that was just all wrong. how could the boy confess his feelings for you now? of course, he could just do it the typical way. at school, texting, meeting up somewhere... but that wouldn't be special. you were all about sentiment, and what was more sentimental than confessing in the doorway of midoriya's house as you have him the box of pizza?

"uh... so do you want this?"

"ah, sorry about my friend!" midoriya said, practically pushing todoroki aside to take the pizza from the delivery guy. he signed his receipt, and gave him the money. "thank you!"

midoriya closed the door and todoroki frowned, looking at the box.

"sorry about your plan, todoroki..." midoriya said.

"...i think i have another plan." todoroki hummed in thought. "i'll be back." then, he opened the door, and quickly raced after the guy who was getting into his car like a regular pizza delivery person would.

todoroki pointed at the delivery guy, who was frozen in place, "are you guys hiring?"

"huh? oh yeah- i recently got the job, actually!" he said with a weary smile.

todoroki nodded, walking away and back to midoriya's house. he simply shut the door behind him, leaving the delivery guy confused, and forgotten.

"where'd you go?" midoriya asked todoroki, when the peppermint boy returned shortly, sitting on the couch with the rest of his friends who were going about their usual, crazy friday night.

"i wanted to see if the place was hiring." todoroki said simply, taking a slice of pizza from the box.

"uh... why?"

"because i am going to temporarily get a job there, midoriya." todoroki sighed. "what else?"

———

oop-
ty for reading!