𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐛 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

-

-

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU WHAT HAPPENED."

I continued to smirk to myself, knowing that both Omar and Ander wouldn't drop the conversation. "I just went home," I said as I sat on the bridge with Ander and Omar, joints in our hands. The two of them sit close, with Omar's head serving as a pillow for Ander, which probably felt strange to them considering I was present. Ander shook his head in disbelief. "Come on, just tell me where you went." He said, giving me puppy dog eyes, nudging Omar to do the same. I stare at them for a minute, shaking my head before finally giving in. "Okay. Fine. I did go home, but on my way, I ran into Nano." Omar gasped dramatically, causing me to burst into laughter, as Ander giggled slightly. "Nano, is that the guy Guzman hates? Don't tell me you guys kissed or something?" Ander looks to me with disapproval evident on his face, and I shrug, causing him to punch my arm lightly. "OH MY GOD JADA." Omar laughs at his response, and I do too, taking a few long pulls from the joint in my hand as I waited for what he was going to say next. He rambled on about how Guzman would be pissed, how he thought I was with Christian and something about Nano being a troublesome guy as if I didn't know already.

After spending almost my whole evening with the duo, I finally decided to go home and sleep, already feeling super tired. With blazer in hand, I slowly approached my apartment, not really paying attention when I heard a groan from the sidewalk, hidden in the shadows in front of me. "Hola?" I called out, not sure what to expect, and then I heard a loud cough, and a raspy voice called out my name. "Jada?" The light hits his face and reveals Nano, the man who only yesterday I stood here kissing. I took in his appearance, noticing his lack of strength and how he was breathing, and I rushed over to him, holding him up with one of my arms as he draped his arm over my shoulder. "Jesus, what happened to you?" I said, noticing his sizeable wound as he stumbled towards the stairs up to his apartment, with me desperately trying to support him. As he reached the top of the stairs, he lost his balance and fell, taking me down with him, causing a loud bang. Seconds later, the door swung open to reveal Marina, confusion taking over her face as she noticed the pair of us on the floor.

"What happened to you?" She asks Nano as I begin to pull him off the ground, her face full of concern as she noticed his appearance. "Nothing. Nothing." He mumbles out as he groans in pain,  wincing and holding his injury. "Dónde están mi Madre y Samu?" Marina glances behind her, before speaking quietly, "Tu Madre está en el trabajo, y Samu en el baño. Llamo con él?" As she goes to walk away, presumably to get Samuel, I grab her wrist, pulling her back.

"Don't," I said, just as Nano said, "No, they'll ask questions. Just help me up." Marina stares at him wildly, and we both attempt to lift him up, bashing his arm on the door frame as the pair of us pull him inside, mumbling "Mierda," under our breath as we set him down on the sofa, with Marina leaning close to his face- almost too close for a pair who were relatively unfamiliar with each other. I crouched down beside him, placing my blazer on the coffee table and lifting his t-shirt, noticing his sizable stab wound, blood smeared all over the place (more noticeably on my pearly white school shirt.) "Mierda! Tienes que ir a un hospital." Marina said, noticing the wound, and brushing his hair out of his face as if to comfort him, although he swatted her away weakly, forcing a giggle. "This is just a warning cut. A lo mejor la próxima vez." I nudged his leg slightly at his words as he continued, "They did this because I owe 40,000 euros." Marina scoffed, commenting on how 40,000 was nothing to her, which didn't help much.

"In the real world, people kill for less you know. Even if it's small change to you, pennies even." I spoke, stress overcoming my ability to speak calmly. Marina shook her head saying she wanted to help, before being interrupted by the noise coming for the bathroom, indicating Samuel was coming back. As she went to stand up, Nano quickly caught her attention. "Please, just help me by not telling my brother, okay?" He said, laying down, throwing a blanket over himself as if relaxing just as Samu came out the bathroom. "What's going on? Jada? What are you doing here?" Samuel asked, staring at all of us, especially me, clearly expecting an answer. "Nano's had a couple of beers too many, he's a little drunk so Jada helped him get home, and she's going to make sure he falls asleep okay. Come on, let's go." Marina said, before rushing him to get his shoes on, continuing to rush him out the door, Samu eyeing me suspiciously as they closed the door behind them.

As soon as the door was closed, Nano let out a loud groan as he removed the blanket from him, attempting to sit up. "Seriously, you need to rest," I said, as he began trying to stand up, failing miserably, almost toppling over as I rush to catch his arm, balancing him and sitting him back down. "What do you want?" I say as I rush off to the kitchen, trying to find some sort of bandage or something to help him with his wound. "I need a beer." He mumbles, and I snort, shaking my head. "No, you don't." I grab all the things I need; antiseptic wipes, a bandage, some painkillers and a glass of water.

"Here is your water," I say, handing him the glass as he stared at me wildly, not impressed. "I said beer. That doesn't look like beer." I shot him a look, before kneeling to look at his wound. He looked down at me, noticing the other stuff in my hands, and tried to edge away from me, as if afraid. "Tienes que relajarte," I said, holding his hand as I used the other to wipe his wound, earning a wince from his as it stung, his grip on my hand increasing. I returned my focus to the wound, ignoring the immense strength he was using on my hand, continuing to clean it until it seemed all good. Once done, a sigh of relief could be heard quietly from Nano, as I placed the bandage over his wound, making sure it was correctly in place, which was hard considering I only had one hand, with Nano still holding onto my other one. Just as I'd finished placing the bandage, noting I'd done a pretty good job, I felt Nano's other hand brush my hair out of my face, pushing it behind my ear, and I sighed at the action. "Why are you so kind to me? I deserve nothing." He pauses for a second, staring at me, before looking away, "I'm a bad guy." He mumbles as he swallows the painkillers I handed him, closing his eyes as he sinks into his place on the sofa. "You don't deserve to be hurt like this. And come on, I'm always here for you. Always." I said, stroking his face gently, just as the door burst open. There in the doorway stood Christian Varela, his facial expression going from excitement to confusion, and now to concern, as he took in Nano's appearance.

"Qué carajo pasó?"