- 9 -

The warming light that shines on my eyelids is what stirs me awake. I open them slightly, blinking a few times. It's a window - A big one.

I'm not used to the sun waking me up. For two reasons: The first one is I normally have to get up for work before the sun rises, and the second is my mother boarded up the windows in my room. 

She said it was because I was flirting with the neighbor's boy.

I wasn't

In fact, I hated the kid. He was four years older than me and gave me creepy vibes. He was my first kiss, but it wasn't my choice. He caught me walking home from school one day alone. He pushed me against the side of his house and stuck his tongue down my throat. My brother quickly found and me and ripped him away. 

Elijah beat the shit out of that kid, then my father beat the shit out of his dad. Thinking back on it now. My mother never thought it was his fault.

She thought that I was just trying to cover up the fact that I was messing with that boy. I never thought back on these harsh memories of her until now. 

Maybe she's always been a bitch

The next thing that catches my attention is the large warm object pressed against my back. I throw my head over my shoulder, looking for what it might be. 

It's Cole

A normal girl would freak out, maybe even scream and push him out of the bed. That's what I should do. That is what would be the logical action.

But nothing in my life is logical

Instead, I shift my body to face him. Looking at his sleeping figure. He jaw relaxed, his chest falling in an up and down rhythm. 

I trace his features, I couldn't help myself. I probably could, but I didn't want to. I wanted to remember him, to remember his face. I wanted a mental image of the gorgeous devil that I find so alluring. I wanted his features engraved in my hands so that even when I'm not with him, I can look upon myself and still see him. 

I'm so used to people leaving me and things not going the way they should go. I've gotten so used to it that I don't even mind their departure from me. It's like a tradition now.

Like Christmas 

Once people get their presents, which is what they came for, they leave. Then you have to clean up the mess they left behind. The mess they left, when they left you. However this time is different, I don't think about him leaving me.

Because I wouldn't be okay if he left

"Eso se siente bien, Gatita," The man under my fingers rasped, eyes still closed.
(That feels nice, Kitten)

I coil my hand back, startled, as I thought he was sleeping. His blues eyes open, they look as if they've been touched by storm clouds. Slightly cloudy, but still just as piercing as when I first saw them. 

"I didn't mean to startle you," He chuckles, shifting his body so he's posted on his elbows.The small movement making me very aware of how close we were.

"How long have you been up?" I ask, staring back down into the silk sheets.

"Long enough," His answer is blunt but telling.

He's been up for a while

"I would love to lie in bed with you forever, Princesa," He yawns, "But we have a few things to accomplish today," He presses a feather-light kiss on my forehead before moving to get up.
(Princess)