The Unexpected

This is different, a lot different then what I normally write. I had a bad day and I thought I would write down my emotions in a way that helps me vent. So sorry.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Silence filled the home. The only thing that could be heard was the sound of raindrops that was dropping on the windows and the rooftops. The occasional sniffling could be heard from both sides of the room.

"How could you do this to me." One side of the room spoke up. Silence filled the gap again. The voice was cracked, dry, exhausted sounding as the room had been filled with loud screams just a few minutes ago. "Two years, two years and you throw it all away."

"Maya-"

"Dont touch me!" Maya yelled as she crossed her arms over herself in an attempt to hold herself, in need of some type of comfort. She shook her head and paced around the room. The man in front of her sniffled, bringing a hand up to wipe away the tear that was coming down his face.

"It didnt mean anything." He whispered. Maya let out a whimper as her vision was getting too blurry to the point that she couldn't see to well.

"Of course it meant something. You dont kiss someone, you dont have sex with someone and it not mean something!" She couldn't yell, she didnt have it in her anymore. Her voice was so broken, so worn as if she was going to break at any moment. "Did I ever cross your mind? Even once while you were doing it? Did you feel guilty? Or did you let the sound of her underneath you wash all of those thoughts away."

"Baby-"

"Dont call me that! You cant call me that, not after knowing you called her the same thing not twelve hours ago." Maya's body shook as she let out a sob. "How could you do this to me?" She asked again.

"It was a mistake, it will never happen again." His pleas were becoming desperate. He knew that this was the end, he knew that he had crossed a line that he wouldn't ever be able to come back from. He was beginning to feel panicked, fear of the thought of losing her.

"Mistakes like that dont just happen." She told him. She shook her head and brought her hands up to hide her face in as she let out another sob.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." He pulled her hands down from her face leaned in to kiss her cheek. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her jaw, her nose, her neck. All while repeating the same words over and over. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Right as he was about to kiss her on the lips, Maya shook her head and hit his chest.

"No! Sorry doesnt fix it. Not this time." She sobbed as she kept hitting him on the chest and pushing him away from her. "You promised me! I loved you, I gave you everything. I trusted you, and you slapped me in the face by sleeping with her!" She sobbed. This time, she broke down.

The man wrapped her in his arms, but this time Maya didnt refuse. She leaned her head on his chest and cried into his shirt as he held her tight repeating the same words as he had last time. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I love you so much, I'm so sorry."

Maya sobbed even harder as she took a deep breath and could still smell her. This shirt, she had gotten him this shirt for his birthday. And she didnt buy it, she made it. Spent hours on the design that she had come up with. This was the shirt that he wore to go see her.

"I hate you." She cried out. She slammed her fists down on his chest again and again as he tried to regain control. "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you." She broke. She pushed him away from her. She shook her head as she watched the tears come down his face. She was gone. He had lost her.

"I love you." He tried one more time. Maya let out a scream as she picked up a lamp and threw it at him.

"I want you gone! I want you out of my house by morning! I dont care where you go, go live with her!" The man had dodged the lamp as it fell and shattered in pieces, he recognized as the lamp that his parents had gotten them for their anniversary. He looked back up at her with new tears threatening to shed.

Maya rushed to her room and slammed the door in his face as he tried to go after her. She locked it and slid her back down to the floor as new sobs raced through her body.

"Maya!" He banged on the door. "Maya please open the door! Maya you dont mean this!" More banging as Maya held her face in her hands. "Maya, please it was a mistake. Maya, I love you. Please dont do this." His voice calmed down as Maya could tell he had started sobbing too. Both of them leaning on either side of the door.

Maya's hand came to rest on her slightly swollen abdomen. She rubbed her hand across back and forth as she thought about the future of her unborn child. What was going to happen as her other hand came to rest on the ring that was sitting on her left hand.

The raindrops kept coming down on the windows and the rooftops. Drowning out the two adults sobs as they rested their bodies on the piece of wood that was keeping them separated.

It was rare, unexpected when you got thunderstorms in this part of New York. It was always so bright and sunny, though sometimes it would be a little cloudy and a bit cold. But never thunder.

Everyone said they would be together forever, everyone thought that they had the greatest love story of this generation. Nobody thought they could be torn apart. "They love each other, and that kind of love doesnt just die out." It was an unexpected thunder storm that was happening in New York, but that was okay, because there was an unexpected breakup that was happening as well. Because Joshua Matthews took Maya Hunter's heart, and he tore it to shreds.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry about that guys. I guess not everything can have a happy ending.