He had been travelling for days, and (Your name) had been forced to put his boots back on due to the heat of the sun upon the golden sand. (Your name) felt perspiration starting to drip into his line of sight once again, and wiped it away with the back of his left hand. Yet he could feel the droplets slowly making its way down once again. He sighed with the little energy he had and then looked up; the expense of land never seemed to end, although it was  the largest desert in the world, and for good reason.

The Earth kingdom green shirt clung to his sticky back, and his water tribe pants and his ceremonial blue coth flaps dangled from his hips helplessly as he slowly walked on. His shoulders and face were bare and they burned, quickly turning from light skin to a deep red as the days progressed, even to the point where skin was starting to peel. (Your name)'s right hand was used to drag his bag along the sandy floor, leaving a small trail behind him.

His throat was parched and he could not drink the water from his water container that hung at his hips, only because if things turned bad, he would need to use it as a weapon if need be.

And then he spotted it, a bright green plant, that looked like it had small spiky balloons at atop of each other. Little pink and yellow flowers blossomed from the top of the plant.

(Your name) gradually came closer to the plant until he stood before it. The plant looked simple enough, if only just a random cactus. (Your name) felt the juice streaming through the plant. 

It could be poisonous, he told himself, yet why would a plant grow in the middle of a desert if it wasn't meant to be consumed, he reasoned with himself.

Not much longer after he made his decision, he quickly took out his carving knife and slashed a part of the cactus in half, gently holding the spiky, half orb in hand. A white, liquid substance sat within the cactus half. It would not have looked appetising on a normal day due to its... complexion, but considering that (Your name) had been traveling in the sweltering heat for so long, he just didn't care at this very moment. (Your name) quickly lifted the piece of plant up to his lips and swallowed it down, licking his lips as the cool liquid soothed his throat.

...

A group of people on their sand raft were sailing over the sandy plains, before the leader of the group ordered them to stop the wooden craft. One of the sand benders pulled down his cloth mask from his nose as he lifted a hand over his eyes, trying to look further into the distance. "What the Aang..."

In the distance was a what could the group assumed was a man, who seemed to be running around in circles, waving his arms around and talking to himself.

The Leader of the group, Sha-Mo the II nodded towards his men. "Head straight there. We'll see what all the fuss is about."

Two out of the four benders of the Si Wong Tribe waved their arms in an intricate motion, pushing the sand with their bending, and thus, pushing the sand sailors forward. By the time they arrived at their destination, they were met with a man who had long black hair and omunious green and greyish/brown eyes.

"Oh my spirits, its magic sand!" the man yelled as he dived head first into a nearby sand dune, to which he flipped onto his back in a rather ungraceful manner. "Oh my spirits," the man's eyes landed on Sha-Mo's form. "Its a walking spirit sand dune stick creature... thing! Heya' mate! Come to take me away?" the man suddenly stood up. "Because you ain't gonna' do that, no no no. Not today. I need to find the Avatar, and we are gonna' sit down and have a party. We are gonna' party and then..." the man made a punching gesture. "Then I'm gonna' stab them in the back, yeah and I'm gonna' use my Avatar powers on them, yeah, like 'WHHHOOOSSSHHH'!!!"