(Chapter 1)

“Oh my GAWD! Does that girl not know anything about fashion?” Cheerleader-lookalike yelled, staring at me across the lanes. She was in some shiny Porshe. Whatever, her car had nothing on my yellow Ferrari in the garage at home. It wasn’t my fault I’d been banned from driving it, as part of my punishment for getting kicked out of that last school, and was stuck with a lame Smart car.

“I’m totally ashamed to be seen on the same road as her,” said the Blond in the passenger seat, drawing on eyeliner, so much she looked like a really bad blond Emo kid.

When the lights turned green, Cheeleader slammed on the gas, and Blonde shoved her eyeliner into her eye. Inside, I was cracking up. Outside, I was cool and calm. But I couldn't resist flipping them off as I drove away – come on, they totally dissed me!

I flicked my hair as I went down the road. God, girls like that were annoying. Though I kind of had to admit, I kept staring in the car mirror too, shocked. What the hell was this? I’d tied my hair into the two bunches and put on the big geeky glasses my Dad had bought me – and now I looked like a nerd. Awesome. The frame hid too much of my face and magnified my eyes, making me look like some creepy owl thing. But I drew the line when he showed me the fake braces that could be stuck to your teeth. I mean, come on.

Okay, I was depressed about my new nerd look, but didn’t do anything about it. This was what my parents wanted, right? For me to keep my head down, and not get into any trouble? Well, this would totally do it. I was a geek. I’d semi-compromised by putting on some lip-gloss and straightening my fringe, but it didn’t help. I just looked like a stupid wannabe. God, why did I have to go through this again? My parents suck.

Well, whatever. I was late for my first day at my new school. I’d picked out the most boringest hoodies in the world – plain black that matched my new school shoes. I sped through a couple of stop signs, and went past the speed limit a LITTLE. (I mean, come on – 20mph? That is so stupid. So what if I pushed it to 50?) It meant I was at school in about ten minutes.

And then I saw the school for the first time.

I mean, I’ve seen the pictures, but now I actually see this place, it’s kind of shocking. Well, Photoshop is amazing. This school was typical public school; totally old. This is where I was meant to stay until graduation? Those losers (a.k.a. my parents) must have been kidding about this. The gates were ugly, the school fields were uncut and wild, and the buildings were crumbling. Oh God, they weren’t serious, right? I can’t live like this!

Absentmindedly walking on, I got out my phone, ignoring the people that passed me. I was about to call my parents and demand they change my school, when I saw something that made me pause and gape. Or three things. Oh my GOD.

I must have died and ended up in the pages of an Abercrombie and Fitch catalogue.

The HOTTEST guys in the world. There were three of them, all tall statuesque examples of the fine male physique. I don't think I’ve seen talent like that even in my old schools; and keep in mind that my old schools were all private academies where all the students had access to plastic surgery. This can’t be right…

They were all well-built, tall and damn sexy.

I stared at them, and for a second, the one with green eyes glanced at me. Then he looked away, as if I were significant. I hate this reaction with my whole new look. It’s totally depressing.

“Who are they?” I asked some random brunette girl next to me, who’d also paused to stare.

“The hottest guys on the football team,” she said, her eyes not leaving the guys that crossed the school yard. Her mouth was wide open as well, and she looked like she was going to drool. I totally understand. I wanted to as well. “Max, Tom, and Carter. They’re playing the match next week.”