chosen*(chapter 15)

I was stunned looking at him after he said his poem , he took the beads and placed them slowly on me .

He first began with my wrists then my neck ,then my feet before he looked into my eyes causing my heart to race even faster.

He placed the last beads on my head , "Dali , I know it's too soon to ask but will you be mine?"

His voice was sincere and for some reason I could not find it in me to refuse his proposal so I nodded , he grinned then picked me up into his arms and span me around before he kissed me deeply .

I grinned happily in his embrace , people clapped seemingly happy for us but I did see a few disapproving faces .

The two most prominent ones were the queen mother and Nina's faces. I knew those two women hated me.

"This can never happen!" , the queen mother spoke out , "my son will not marry a man , the fact that his white is even worse.

My son will marry a beautiful woman who I will approve of not a man who does not even meet my requirements in a bride.

Son , that boy won't be able to give you children, will you live the rest of your life without hearing a cry from your own child?"

I looked down at her words , she was telling the truth ,I was not worthy to call myself Sthe's wife . I won't be able to give him children , how could I have the heart to make him suffer like that , a small petit woman would be a good choice for him.

"Who do you think deserves to be my bride mother?" His voice was calm as he asked the question .

The queen mother smiled at his question , "Sebukelo's daughter Nina" .

She seemed proud as she said those words making me wonder , if I was a woman and black would she have accepted me as her son's bride? Nina, looked smug as she heard the queen mother's choice of bride.

"So you don't approve of my chosen bride because you think that woman is the best choice for me?", "Yes son".

"Tell me mother what's so good about your chosen maiden?", "She is a strong woman, she can cook , she is also a virgin and best of all she is a full and beautiful woman. Son the most important part about her is she can give you a son" .

Sthe ,looked at his mother , "my chosen bride can do all those things you have mentioned". "That is impossible son , he is not even a virgin, which man is still a virgin in this day and age?" There goes the big question again that made me a bit insecure.

Sthe, looked at me and smirked , "and what makes you think he is not a virgin mother?" I looked down with pink coloured cheeks. Could the man embarass me anymore? I asked myself.

Everyone looked at me and Mariam, smirked , "mother pardon my impudence but may I speak for a few minutes?", The queen mother looked at her with a glare but non the less agreed.

"I can guarantee that this dear has never been touched, I've asked him before about his sex life and he looked a bit bashful blushing all the way.

A man no matter how shy can take an opportunity to atleast show that his had some action these past few years. His too stiff to have had sex with anyone.

Then again after their traditional marriage brother in law can confirm wheather his bride is as pure as a ripe apple" .

My eyes widened I never knew Mariam, could be so insightful yet peveted . My cheeks were so red I'm sure me and a tomato could be mistaken as twins.

Sthe, looked at me and smiled , seeing that I was put at ease even if it was just for a little bit. "I approve of their marriage", said the king, leaving all of us stunned .