Chapter Eighteen

I peeked around the corner, slowly. I quickly ducked behind the wall again when I saw Julian leaning by his locker talking to two girls. Okay, Kenny. Lola trained you for this. You can do this. Breathe in, breathe out.

“What the heck are you inhaling and exhaling like that for? You preggers?”

I glared at Lola, “I’m TRYING to calm myself down.”

Lola smirked, “Just remember. You’re sexy. And HE knows it.”

I gulped, “Are you sure?”

“Don’t make me slap your silly little insecure ass.”

“Sing me a song.”

“You’re kidding.”

“Do it, Lola! Sing!”

“YOU’RE INSECURE. DON’T KNOW WHAT FOR! YOU’RE TURNING-”

I slapped my hand over her mouth, “I asked you to SING, not scream your lungs out.”

Lola poked her tongue out against my hand, making me withdraw my hand hastily. I grimaced, “You are beyond gross.”

“Your spit is my spit.”

“Okay, this conversation is over.”

“You can’t say that if you’re going to stand here, waiting. So, as I was saying, your spit-”

I walked away as quickly as I could. No way was I standing around to listen to that. I walked smoothly to my locker, noticing Julian straightening up slightly as I walked by. Once I got my books out from my locker, I turned around to see him watching me intently. Looking back into my locker, I shut my eyes and prayed to the smexy pineapple gods for extra smexyness. Then, taking a deep breath, I shut the locker door and turned to look at him, straight in the eye.

He blinked, caught a little unaware by the direct eye contact. I smirked slightly, making sure he knew I knew I caught him all flustered. He raised an eyebrow, as if asking me if that was the best I could do. I walked over to him slowly, maintaining eye contact. I looked at the two girls who were still standing near Julian. Raising an eyebrow, “Am I interrupting?”

One shook her head slowly while the other just stared at me shyly, “I like your pants.”

I smiled, “I like your eyes. They’re very pretty.”

She giggled, “Thank you.”

Julian coughed, “Maybe we should head to class.”

I looked at the girls, “You two should. Julian and I have to deal with a little problem.”

Both of them turned a little red in the face and walked away quickly while waving. Julian casually peeled himself off the lockers and flipped his hair slightly. Just that slight movement nearly made me drop the whole Smexy Pineapple Act. He leaned in close, “Little problem? What do you mean?”