Chapter 38

"Where is he?!" Felix gripped onto John's collar and slammed him against the wall.

"Felix, calm the fuck down."

"I said WHERE IS HE?!" Felix shook him hard.

"Just take a minute to calm down and I'll tell you." John replied quietly, unfazed by his out-burst and completely used to them.

Felix dropped his collar and stepped back. "You listen to me. I don't give a flying fuck whether he's your best friend or my father. He betrayed me and this family."
He turned to face the rest of his members and growled.
"I am in charge here. I am your boss. I pay you. I give you a family and a safe place. And you can't even answer one fucking QUESTION?!"

"He's in the cells down below." A voice came from the back.

Felix took a deep breath and nodded in satisfaction. "Thank you, Marissa."

As he walked soundlessly out of the room, Mason spoke up.
"Everyone stay on the good side of him at the moment. You all know what he can get like."

There were several nods of agreement.
"Now, John, you go and accompany Felix. Make sure he keeps his cool. Caleb, bring me up to speed on what's happening territory wise. And Marissa, Luke, Mark and Lucy, get ready for the next shipment coming in tonight."

———
"Leo, stop pacing. You're pissing me off." Isabella said quietly.

"I can't help it. Felix wouldn't tell me anything. I'm worried." He snapped back.

"So is everyone else. Just chill."

"Joe seems fucking worried. Sitting up there, with his boyfriend or whatever he is."

"Just let him be." She sighed. "What day is it tomorrow?"

Leo raised his eyebrow at her and stopped pacing, taking a seat next to his sister. "Seriously?"

"There's been so much going on I've genuinely forgotten." She rubbed her forehead.

"Well, it's Monday tomorrow."

"What? I've missed a whole week of school?" Isabella exclaimed.

"I do recall you not wanting to go back there ever again." He stated. "And you hated it."

"Yeah yeah, I know. Do you think I can quit?"

Leo snorted in response. "What?" She asked, giggling.

"One minute you hate school, the next you love it, and now you want to quit?" Leo chuckled. "You're one crazy girl."

"I've missed so much. There's no point." She shrugged as she told him the truth. Leo nodded in agreement.

"True, but what are you gonna do? How you gonna get a job?" He asked her, not expecting an answer.

"Well obviously, I'm not joining the mafia. I might start my own business." Out of the corner of her eye she could see Leo trying to stifle a laugh. She turned and grinned. "What? I'd be a great business owner!"

"I'm sure you would, Izzy." Leo nodded and bit his lip, still trying to not laugh.

"Jason survived fine. He's been here, there and everywhere, barely staying in school." I frowned at Leo, trying to prove my point.

"Jason signs up for a school so the government don't find out he's living alone and has survived on being payed by dodgey people." He counteracted.

"Like us." She grinned at him.

Leo smiled and bent his head to hide it. Isabella had this way of changing the subject subtly and keeping everyone calm. Just genuinely cheering people up. He would do anything for her. She was so special and pure, and still, after everything she's gone through, she's hardly changed.