34

3 months later

Jungkook was sprawled out on his bed, pencil in hand. The only sound in his room was the soft stroking of the pencil lead on the paper. He carefully dragged it along the paper to create the vampire's sharp jawline.

A knock on his door startled him. He lifted his pencil off the paper and told the person they could come in. For a split second he almost thought Yoongi would be on the other side of the door.

Instead, it was Jin. He stared at Jungkook for a few moments. The human noticed the wizard was dressed to go out.

"What is it?" Jungkook asked softly.

Seokjin didn't reply verbally. He just slowly nodded his head.

Jungkook felt like the breath had been knocked out of him. He quickly scrambled out of bed and put on some random shoes. Luckily, he had brushed his teeth and showered earlier, however he never got the chance to brush his messy hair. He didn't care one bit at this point.

It was finally time.

~~~~

It was loud, too loud. Jungkook was shaking so much he had to hold onto Namjoon in order to keep himself up.

His eyes scanned the group of soldiers. Some of them were reuniting with their family members, crying and hugging them close. Others had no one to go home to. Jungkook looked into their eyes. Even the ones that had families still had dead, glassy eyes from a soldier who had simply seen too much.

It was horrible.

Some people were cheering for the victory of the Kingdom. Jungkook stayed quiet.

They saw Jiyong and Yoonji in the distance, talking with what they assumed were their siblings. None of them were who they were looking for.

Jungkook's hope decreased more and more by the minute.

After almost an hour of soldiers walking by and meeting up with their families and friends, there was no one left. Just the six of them. No soldier scrambling towards them frantically. Everyone was gone.

Jungkook still gripped onto Namjoon's arm, eyes darting around frantically in hopes to see the person he was waiting for. But he knew there was no one. No one else was coming back. The war was over. Whoever didn't come back now was never coming back.

He sunk to his knees and cried hard. The others tried to comfort him, but they were crying too. They had already heard from other people talking before they left that the King had stormed into the palace to kill the enemy King and never came back out. How it ended up blowing up and being engulfed in flames. How there was nothing left anymore. No one left.

He was really gone.

Welp